Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much wood could a woodchuck chuck in your turning studio?

2. Quote Originally Posted by kevin nee View Post
    Thanks anyway Kevin...........my son has one of those........he only lives about 30 miles away!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Racoon is good grilled.

After you stick em to the ground with one of your arrows, you will only have to peel him before you put him on the Bar b que! Groundhog Shiskabobs a la Martha Stewart
    “I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.” ~ Albert Einstein

5. Quote Originally Posted by Rick Markham View Post
    After you stick em to the ground with one of your arrows, you will only have to peel him before you put him on the Bar b que! Groundhog Shiskabobs a la Martha Stewart
    I have never eaten groundhog............I know a couple of folks who have.......they say it tastes a little earthy! I think I will stick to venison!

Turn some green camphor and it will git. Along with roaches, cats and all other critters.

Make a clean kill or they will squeal like the dickens! I didn't know that till I heard it.

Roger, you must have missed my reply when this came up before. There's a way to catch them. In early February you dress up in formal attire and top hat, that evidently calms them and you can pick them up and put them in cages.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Fulks View Post
    Roger, you must have missed my reply when this came up before. There's a way to catch them. In early February you dress up in formal attire and top hat, that evidently calms them and you can pick them up and put them in cages.
    Thanks Mel.............I am not sure if this one is named Phil............he might bite!

He won't do any physical harm, no worries there. But keep him around. Every February, you'll have your own personal winter weather forecaster. But then again, it could become a turning project. Once you pull the bow out and put to use, take him to the taxidermist, in the meantime, you can turn a really nice base to stand him up on.

Isn't the answer obvious?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Greg A Jones View Post
    Isn't the answer obvious?
    Quite possibly the greatest movie ever! That's how I envision my "golden years." The younger years of my life I largely emulated Animal House.
    “I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.” ~ Albert Einstein

13. Quote Originally Posted by Steve Vaughan View Post
    He won't do any physical harm, no worries there. But keep him around. Every February, you'll have your own personal winter weather forecaster. But then again, it could become a turning project. Once you pull the bow out and put to use, take him to the taxidermist, in the meantime, you can turn a really nice base to stand him up on.
    I may just offer him some turning lessons.........maybe he will turn a bowl and go away! Of course........a threat to the taxidermist might not be a bad plan B!

I was wondering..........do stuffed groundhogs make good finials?
    Last edited by Roger Chandler; 08-18-2013 at 8:36 PM.

Tell any good Cajun they are great in gumbo and out of season. They will be extinct shortly.