Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tea set

tea set

as I havn't posted anything over here in a while, thought i'd post this. I don't post many pots as they don't compare to the Gibsons. Thought this one turned out ok so I guess i'll post it. Platter is 11 x 1 1/2, and the pot is 6 x 5 or there abouts. One reason I dyed this is the maple for the pot, cup and pitcher were from some old silver maple with them gray staning. Thanks and all C&C welcome.Steve004 (800x619).jpg001 (800x797).jpg

Rock Creek, Ohio. It's alittle town in the NE part of the state, not far from Lake Erie.
    Quite nice! I have a piece of figured walnut I got from my brother that I didn't know what I was going to do with it--perhaps a nice platter will be a good use for it!

Great stuff~!! Congratulations on a wonderful set. Philip
    Philip

Beautiful Steve.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

The pots and platter all look great, that was a pretty big project and you did a fine job.

6. Really nice Steve, your finial on the teapot is great and I love your deer antler platter holder, also your platter is spot on, your dying really adds a lot of interest to your turnings.

I think your tea set looks great.
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

8. Quite nice, Steve! That took a lot of work.......I am sure not accomplished in one session! How many hours in the total project?
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

very nice, Steve.......as good as it gets

Thanks all. Roger i'm not sure as this has been a on going project for about the last month or so. Have done a number of things in between. If I had to guess i'd say some where about 20 hrs or so.

First rate in my book!

Sid
    Sid Matheny
    McMinnville, TN

Beautiful tea set, love the color.

Steve, you don't have to worry about comparing to anyone else. This is first class and you can be very proud of it. Both the shape and the color look fantastic.
    I fish, therefore I am. I woodturn when I can't fish.

Great look for all. That can be displayed anywhere without any concerns except people wanting a duplicate.

Beautiful set and platter Steve!
    Ditto what Bill said!
    "If it is wood, I will turn it."
    vor-tex: any activity, situation, or way of life regarded as irresistibly engulfing.