Thread: micro-rip

micro-rip

Hello,

Today, my Micro-Rip table saw fence adjustment dodad arrived from Hartville Tool. I just thought I'd tell you that it works as advertised. It took less than 10 min. to install and it gives me .001 inches of adjustment on my Beis. fence, Well made and I don't foresee any problems. Hartville had it for $70. Now if I could only find something for my bandsaw!

Craig Carlson
    Sebastopol, Ca.

Micro-Rip

Hello Craig,
    I have been curious about the Micro-Rip – they never show enough detail in the pictures. Maybe you could answer my main questions: does it clamp directly to the rail tube? If it does, then you would have to loosen both it and the fence for each move? Is the Micro-Rip built stout enough that it wouldn’t be damaged if you forgot and just loosened the fence and tried to move it?

Thanks
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Hi Bruce,

Yes it clamps directly to the rail and yes you do have to loosen it in order to move the fence for large distances, not a big deal less than 1/8 of a turn everything then moves smoothly due to the anti friction tape on the micro-rip.
    The thing is built like a battleship. when clamped in place I have approx 1/2 to 3/4 inch of fine adjustment on the fence. There is a dial on the assembly with witness lines, every line is .001" of travel every 360 degree rotation of the handle is .050" of travel.
    Hope this helps.

Craig

Micro-Rip

Craig, thanks for the info.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney