Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Japanese grillwork name?

1. Quote Originally Posted by Jack Curtis View Post
    I don't know what this post means, Charlie. Are you/Alan saying that we should all look to Korea for lattice examples? Or that we should not rely on Google? Or that pushing is indeed better than pulling? Or that westerners are so much better than easterners that we shouldn't even bother looking at eastern woodworking examples? You know, I really could keep this up a while, but that would be boring, so why don't you just tell us why you made that post.
    I suppose that the lesson to be learned is that it's easy to make assumptions. And what was all that Korean furniture doing in Japan in the first place? Peters never commented on that. He loved the Korean furniture. The Japanese architecture was, in fact, Japanese. Bringing all those temples over from Korea would have been a monumental task. So the Japanese settled for only Korean furniture it would seem.

Maybe you can tease some meaning, or lighthearted humour, or something out of it. Maybe. I'm not trying to burst any sacred bubbles. Just passing along an interesting read.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Stanford View Post
    ...Maybe you can tease some meaning, or lighthearted humour, or something out of it. Maybe. I'm not trying to burst any sacred bubbles. Just passing along an interesting read.
    But no one's blowing any sacred bubbles, it's that your message didn't seem to make any sense at all. I guess that's it.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Jack Curtis View Post
    But no one's blowing any sacred bubbles, it's that your message didn't seem to make any sense at all. I guess that's it.
    Jack, I guess the answer is somewhere in the reason my original post perturbed you in the first place. You'll have to figure it out for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Stanford View Post
    Jack, I guess the answer is somewhere in the reason my original post perturbed you in the first place. You'll have to figure it out for yourself.
    Sorry to disabuse, but I don't get involved enough to be perturbed by nonsense. I asked for elucidation, which you did not give, so as far as I'm concerned, issue over and done. This does not balance in your direction.