Thread: Shattered Piston Bumper

Shattered Piston Bumper

I have a PC FN250A nailer that i use a lot. For years, I suffered from a stigma about putting nails in my projects, but after watching Norm fill his wood full of holes for so long, I got over it. Now I love using it.

Trouble is, it quit working. The nail striker just wouldn't retract far enough to pick up the next nail. After some disassembly (red locktite - ouch), I discover a completely destroyed - as in tiny little pieces - piston bumper. A) what could have caused this? and B) should i have ordered two instead of one?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Never seen that. I'd try PC for a replacement part. They used to be okay for parts. These days, dunno. If PC doesn't have the part, or the price is too high, then buy a whole new nailer -- presumably from some other manufacturer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Buxton View Post
    Never seen that. I'd try PC for a replacement part. They used to be okay for parts. These days, dunno. If PC doesn't have the part, or the price is too high, then buy a whole new nailer -- presumably from some other manufacturer.
    I ordered the part from a third party vendor. $16 wasn't too bad. I just wonder if the new part will similarly fail.