Thread: pic problem

pic problem

Is anyone else having a problem posting pics? I posted some a week or so ago and posted again but had problems. I used a different program to shrink my pics and all was well in Disneyland. Today I have tried 4 different programs and everyone give me the circle with the exclamation point in it. I even shrunk one pic down to 10kb and it still didn't like it. Is there a limit on how many you can post per day/week/month? Is there a certain size they have to be to post , ie 30-1000kb? Is Jupiter in the right alignment with Mars?
    thanx
    ralph

Blog Entries
    Let me see if this works.

Firmer Chisels.jpg

Seems to be working. This file started out at 824 Kb and no trouble uploading.

The only limits I know of is in each post the limit is 8.

Are you logged in?

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Boumenot View Post
    Is anyone else having a problem posting pics? I posted some a week or so ago and posted again but had problems. I used a different program to shrink my pics and all was well in Disneyland. Today I have tried 4 different programs and everyone give me the circle with the exclamation point in it. I even shrunk one pic down to 10kb and it still didn't like it. Is there a limit on how many you can post per day/week/month? Is there a certain size they have to be to post , ie 30-1000kb? Is Jupiter in the right alignment with Mars?
    thanx
    ralph
    Ralph,

There are no limits concerning how many images you can post per day, week, year, etc.

There is a five image limit per post and individual files cannot exceed 110,400 bytes. The vBulletin software will automatically reduce the size of your image as long as it is close to the file size limit but it will not allow anyone to upload a 3 meg picture. The processing power required for our server to handle such a task is more then we prefer to allocate given the number of people who may be uploading pictures at any given time. I reduce the size of my images to 800 by 600 pixels which usually puts my picture file size within the limits.

Hi Keith,
    I tried that - 800x600. It is not working. I keep getting the circle with an exclamation point in it. I can't open that to see what the error is. I have posted before and then I couldn't post anything larger then 100kb. I'll keep trying to post and maybe I'll figure it out.

Ralph,

What type of a picture file are you trying to upload?
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Ralph,

You can email the file to me and I will see if I can figure out why it won't upload.