Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally a picture of my bench

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Shea View Post
    Yes it is. I had to work to get that outlet there. I had to fish up two floors in the walls to get to the attic. Then I had to fish back down two floors to get out by the bandsaw. That truely was a difficult task. Luckily Im an electrician so have all the tools and skills to do so. But it did take a lot of time to figure out. I did the fishing before hitting the order button, that was the deciding factor on that purchase. There was plenty of space in the electrical panel but it was just a huge deal to get out to that room without messing any walls or ceilings up.
    Awesome! Yes, being an electrician, I imagine really helps. That's really cool that you were able to do that.
    Woodworking is terrific for keeping in shape, but it's also a deadly serious killing system...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Shea View Post
    My landlord is very cool, he's my uncle! I have no immediate neighbors. We live in the top two floors of a 3 story building. The bottom floor is a hair salon and they're hours are basically the same as my work hours. So noise isn't that big of a deal, other than my girlfriend and cats. But they are very understanding. My most used tool by far is a shop vac to constantly vacuum shavings and dust. The bandsaw is hooked up to a small dust collector that you can't really see in the picture behind the bandsaw. My situation is kind of a rarity as far as appartments are concerned.
    Oooo! What kind of dust collector? Just curious, as I have a Laguna stuffed down in my basement for resaws, and that thing kicks up some dust that I always end up vacuuming up.
    The Barefoot Woodworker.

Fueled by leather, chrome, and thunder.

Nicely done.

Beware of the Veritas hold fast, and the amount of torque applied.
    The aluminum casting that accepts the threaded support rod isn't forgiving
    if torqued - I pulled out the last 1/4" of threads and can't get it back in.

I was surprised to find out it wasn't steel, or at least cast iron.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Cruea View Post
    Oooo! What kind of dust collector? Just curious, as I have a Laguna stuffed down in my basement for resaws, and that thing kicks up some dust that I always end up vacuuming up.
    It is just a Rikon 1HP dust collector. This is the only tool it works on so it has been plenty to take care of most of the dust. I built a zero clearance insert down in the lower wheel cabinet just below where the blade enters. There is a little ramp that is supposed to direct the dust out the 4" port but the blade opening in the steel was massive. I didn't want to have to hook a Y hose connector in the line to hook up to the lower port so I just made a zero clearance insert to direct all the dust out the upper port. I get ZERO dust in the lower wheel cabinet now. The only left over dust is on top of the table or just under the table around the lower guide bushings. But I run the vacuum after every use. I am extremely cognitive of cleaning up the dust in the shop as I (actually my girlfriend) don't want it getting throughout the apartment.

Hello Tony,

Nice looking bench and a lovely space--I too have an (oversize) bandsaw and would happily give up all the other power tools in the shop to keep it. I notice that you also have a drill press, which i also find extremely useful and would be the next hardest to let go...

THanks for sharing,
    C