Thread: She doesn't like these Knobs either !!!

She doesn't like these Knobs either !!!

I went to Rockler yesterday and bought a couple different knobs for the opt of the box lid that my wife despises

any comments on these two ? I think I'm going with the one that has the leaves and is darker than the one that has a bit of brass on it, I mean the one in the second photo.

but if the second knob gets enough votes, I'll use it !

Thanks for your help !
    Attached Images Attached Images
    MARK

Blog Entries
    There's really only one vote that counts. You know that, right?

As if it really matters, I like the second one. It is less busy, and the lines in it seem to go with the lid.

PS: "the box lid that my wife despises" This makes it seem like you need to change more than the knob!
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

actually I would use just plain knob with no adornment on it. what you have now makes it to busy. what do you want them to see; your work or the $1. knob from rockler
    ron

Do you really need the knob to lift the lid? Then the knob the # 2 photo, or something more stylized perhaps like some you might find on this site - http://www.homeclick.com/products/wh...5002889&No=100

Or for what it's worth - Here is a non knob option but rather a few option of vintage glass lady bug beads that could be glued in place as decoration. Certainly there are other motifs that could be used - other insects or leaves http://www.earthlyadornments.com/catalogsearch/result/?
    q=lady+bug&x=0&y=0
    I highly recommend this company. I have had nothing but excellent service and product from them for many years.

Good luck with this. Might be time to build a new cover .
    "... for when we become in heart completely poor, we at once are the treasurers & disbursers of enormous riches."
    WQJudge

Blog Entries
    Well, if I can choose none of the above, like others, I would choose either, no knob, or maybe a very plain small wooden knob that matches the base color or the inlay color.
    Then if you must go with a metallic knob, I would keep it as small and plain as possible, maybe in a brushed brass color which would blend in with the base color a little more and not stand out as much.
    But my 1st preference would be no knob at all.
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

since nobody else has said it, maybe it's time to change the wife? lol, I'm kidding of course.

I'm in the "no knob at all camp" Mark, sorry I just like the look of the lid without a knob.
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. My desk is a work station.

Take your wife with you to Rockler and let her pick out a knob. But maybe she just doesn't like a knob on the box, so none will satisfy her.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

without seeing the piece in the whole it is difficult to say anything , but as I suggested plain would be best on a busy background. perhaps there could be another way to open?
    ron

Quote Originally Posted by ron david View Post
    without seeing the piece in the whole it is difficult to say anything , but as I suggested plain would be best on a busy background. perhaps there could be another way to open?
    ron
    This is where it all started.
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...t-do-you-think

Quote Originally Posted by Kamil Czuba View Post
    seeing that there are 2 threads on this and I replied to your link, it should have been posted here

you don't need a knob. your wife is right ; make a new top. then everyone is happy. you are because you got it right and your wife is because you are not trying to cover it up. the other alternative is to repair or modify where you went wide. just make the inlay a little wider on the convergence so hat it looks as if that was the way that you planned it in the first place. that knob doesn't belong on therer
    ron