Thread: YouTube code not accepted

YouTube code not accepted

I recently posted a project in the appropriate forum along with an animated video of the piece (a marquetry box) turning itself inside out.
    The YouTube ID code is X****LjyH9g. This ID is in both the share code and the embed code and which ever I use the four lower case letters are replaced by asterisks rendering the code invalid.

Here's the strange part. When I typed the above code, I typed four lower case letters where you see the asterisks. I can't get the site to accept these letters, even when I type them as a separate word. I'll type them again: **** I did not type asterisks. Trying again as separate letters this time with spaces they are: b o r k
    If these letters replace the asterisks, the link works but I can find no way to get the site to accept them.

BTW, I have used the code elsewhere and it works fine. It's just here.

Any ideas? It's a cool little animation, too bad you can't see it.
    Last edited by Paul R Miller; 09-06-2013 at 4:12 PM.
    Paul M If God had wanted us to have fiberglass boats, he would have given us fiberglass trees.

Bad coincidence.

Paul, it is a long story but the software at SMC will not allow the letters b-o-r-k used in tandem.

Tell people to do a YouTube search using “locked out – paul miller”

Great video!

Bruce
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

That's unbelievable! I'd love to hear the story but for now I'll make the annotation that you suggest and re-submit the video to YouTube and see if the new code works.
    Are those the only four letters that aren't allowed?
    Thanks for the prompt response.
    Paul M If God had wanted us to have fiberglass boats, he would have given us fiberglass trees.

You know, I was just beginning to wonder what the chances were that YouTube had randomly generated a word that the board was filtering. But that is not one of the words I was figuring it might be.

I re-published the video and got a new code. It works now. Many thanks for all the help.
    http://youtu.be/Prvb7QpOUbU