Thread: I don't want to hear it but........

Unhappy I don't want to hear it but........

I was set up at a show yesterday and in the middle of running an order my laser just quit. The fans still run but the LED screen is blank and it will not return to home position. I was hoping it just got a little to warm and shut down but I have a bad feeling it is the motherboard since I have had it back in the shop for over 12 hours and it still does not work. I just wanted to see if you wise friends have the same impression I do or if there is some other reason I had not thought of.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Epilog mini 2412 45 watt
    corel x4
    sand carving unit
    full wood shop

I would go through it and re-seat all connections since you have now moved it twice.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Cindy,
    Speaking from experience, that is very symptomatic of a board failure. I know you hate to hear that, but as you probably know already, boards don't give any warning, they just die. Chat Brian at Epilog tech support in the morning, they open early and he will help you.
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

It was board failure and I will get my new board in the morning. At least most people were very understanding and just placed an order. So I have a lot of work to catch up on before this coming weekend because I have another show scheduled for then. At least I get to do a deep clean on my machine which was good. It wasn't near as dirty as I thought it might be because I have never had the back off of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Epilog mini 2412 45 watt
    corel x4
    sand carving unit
    full wood shop