Thread: Bandsaw Boxes

Unhappy Bandsaw Boxes

I have been trying to use up some scrap wood by making bandsaw boxes. I'm not at all happy with my results. Where can I get information on how to design and cut them? I may be doing it right, but, I-don't-think-so! Thanks for your help. Rob

Blog Entries

Here's one source!

I did a google search and came up with a few references. One is : band saw boxes

There is also some one here at the creek that does this; hopefully they will chime in later.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Thumbs up

Here is a source I came across during a search for Band Saw Boxes..............I haven't checked it our thoroughly, but what I saw looked good, maybe it will help you. I will look for more, and if I find something interesting, I will post it here.

http://www.jeffgreefwoodworking.com/pnc/Boxes/Bandsawn/

Talking Band saw Box

Kevin, This man had a very good set of instructions. Thanks

Glad to help!

Happy to be able to steer you in the right direction, Rob. I checked out several other sites, but this one seems to have the best instruction and photo's. I checked out Amazon for books on the subject, and there are many more than I expected. It seems that Bandsaw Boxes are a poplular subject. One of these days I will get around to trying a few myself. I may just get one of these books to study up on the many techniques and ideas that are used to create these boxes. They sure are neat when they are done, and the design variations are only limited by ones imagination...............really gets the creative juices flowing!

Check out "Building Beautiful Boxes with your bandsaw" by Lois Keener Ventura. It has step by step instructions and patterns to copy. A very good book!

Joe

Here's what the boxe's from Lois Keener Ventura's instruction book look like.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Unhappy

Wow !!! My boxes do not look like that !

I have done all the boxs in Building Beautiful Boxs, I do recomand the book it is well illisterated. AS you go through the book the boxes get harder. They do recomand hard wood but you can use anything you want. They will even tell you how to finish them.

Mike G

Originally posted by Mike Gutschmann
    I have done all the boxs in Building Beautiful Boxs,
    Mike G

Even the Lotus? Thats the one I'm going to try for my boys schools silent auction. Any tips or advice? I'm making the Boa & Tsunami now for gifts.

Joe

Thumbs up

Hey, Thanks for the information. I'm on the way to the book store. I needed that !