Thread: Woodrat..any users in SE Wisconsin?

Woodrat..any users in SE Wisconsin?

Hello. New to the forum. Are there any Woodrat users in SE Wisconsin? I am in Brookfield, and have a new Rat, looking to flatten the learning curve a little. Anyone close by?
    Last edited by Marc Ward; 05-29-2005 at 7:21 PM.

Hey Marc, afraid I can't help you with the Woodrat but, I can give you a warm SMC "WELCOME"!!! Great place to hang out, learn and share. BTW, in case you haven't followed a lot of threads, you may have missed the fact that we live for pics around here! Pictures of tools, triumphs, failures even our favorite wood haulers and pets! Bring 'em on. Oh, and if you ever venture a bit West and happen to be in the Spring Green (House on the Rock, Frank Lloyd Wright sites, etc...), please drop me a line and we'll get together! SMCers *always* welcome in my shop!!!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by John Miliunas
    Oh, and if you ever venture a bit West and happen to be in the Spring Green (House on the Rock, Frank Lloyd Wright sites, etc...), please drop me a line and we'll get together! SMCers *always* welcome in my shop!!!
    Hello, John. Thanks. Being independently wealthy and with time on my hands, I may not wait until I "...happen to be in Spring Green...", I just might come over sometime just to see you and your shop. What do you do there? Any specialties?

Again, thanks.

Marc Ward

Marc,

Welcome to the Creek ... you'll run into a couple of Wisconsinites here. I just recieved the WoodRat CD and have been viewing the demos .... very impressive ...

Keep us posted on your experiences .... Tom

My RAT is your RAT...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hurlebaus
    Marc,

Welcome to the Creek ... you'll run into a couple of Wisconsinites here. I just recieved the WoodRat CD and have been viewing the demos .... very impressive ...

Keep us posted on your experiences .... Tom
    Thanks Tom, nice to be welcomed. Since I am in Brookfield, if you want to see the RAT in action, I would be happy to show you my install and help you if I can. Just let me know.

Marc Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Ward
    Hello, John. Thanks. Being independently wealthy and with time on my hands, I may not wait until I "...happen to be in Spring Green...", I just might come over sometime just to see you and your shop. What do you do there? Any specialties?

Again, thanks.

Marc Ward
    "What do I do here?" No "specialties", but as our fellow Cheesehead, Dale Thompson would say, "I DO make a lot of firewood!" Lately it's just been small knick-knack stuff like frames and such, but I've done some bathroom cabinets and a couple simple furniture pieces. Do a little turning, from time to time. Lately, mainly work on the house. (More carpentry than WW! ) In the grand scheme of things, still in "Newbie" stage. BUT, I enjoy it and am learning a lot while having fun doing it! You are most welcome to come on up anytime!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Welcome to the Creek!

Thought I'd add my welcome as well. That's a nice area to live in. I lived in Oconomowoc during the 60's and my mother taught math in Brookfield.

Bob - now living in the rat race of Richmond, VA : too many people, not enough roads......

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Wilkerson
    Bob - now living in the rat race of Richmond, VA : too many people, not enough roads......
    Thanks Bob. The problem with living the rat race, is that...even if you win, you're still a rat.

As for the roads...when I am not butchering wood, I like to ride my BMW K1200LT with my wife, in search of Chicanes and twisties. As you know, precious little of that around here, that is why we pack up and head out to Deals Gap 2-3 times a year. One long day (750 miles) each way, but well worth it. I just got back from a solo trip, but we are heading out again, two up, in a month or so.

Again, thanks.
    Marc
    Kenosha, WI

Welcome to the SMC Marc, like John I can’t help you with the “RAT” but as a Wisconsinite from Milwaukee's north shore I hope we can share other wood stuff experiences. I'm only a memeber for a short time but this is the best woodworking forum, enjoy.

some 60 plus pages

Two things. First, check out the US dealer for the WR, if you havent already. He has a great site and some DVDs. www.chipsfly.com
    And secondly, it has been in use in my shop for 4 or 5 years...a nice machine. Here is the starting page: www.woodshopdemos.com/wr-1.htm and there are 65 more, I think.
    John Lucas
    woodshopdemos

Quote Originally Posted by John Lucas
    Two things. First, check out the US dealer for the WR, if you havent already. He has a great site and some DVDs. www.chipsfly.com
    And secondly, it has been in use in my shop for 4 or 5 years...a nice machine. Here is the starting page: www.woodshopdemos.com/wr-1.htm and there are 65 more, I think.
    John, believe me, I have been through every WR page on your site. It was instrumental in my decision. Thanks for all the effort and the great site.
    Marc
    Kenosha, WI