Thread: Windows 8 problem #2

Windows 8 problem #2

When I get an update from Microsoft it pulls tiles I have installed off of my start page. My email is the most frustrating. Is there anyway around the updates? They will not let you make them go away unless you update.

Last I checked this is my computer, I should be able to keep what I want on it. They used to be "personal" computers, now I think Microsoft is just letting me use it if I do what they want.

Suggestions would be appreciated, as I have said before I am not into these things much.

Thanks, Larry

If you are on the Internet you really want the updates so someone doesn't break into your computer. I don't have Windows 8 at home so I have no idea why updates would break your computer.

Can't you just go into Control Panel -> Windows Updates and just change the setting to never update if you wanted to?

Larry - good to see you back! Go to control panel, select windows update, then select change settings, then select choose your windows update settings. You can select an option to notify but don't install until you want to install. That is what I use.

With the tiles ("Metro"), you can get to control panel through the "charms" menu.

You should be able to get the email tile back pretty easily.

Jim