Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scroll Saw Recommendations...

Corey

How is that SS350 doing? I just ordered one myself.
    Norm

It is an awesome saw for the money. Can't be beat for 199. and with a stand. I used my old stand which is alot heavier but it is very low vibration, very quiet throught the speed range. I think you will like it. I have had 2 other delta 16' scroll saws that were both the 2 speed model. I had the first one for about 12 years and I sold it as I wasn't doing much work on it. I liked it alot. I bought the same saw used but it was a lemon with a crack in the cast iron so I bought the new Delta. The older delta I had was also very low vibration but the new variable speed feature is much more useable than the 2 speed. It has the new generation of quickset blade chucks on both the upper and lower chucks. They are easy to use and adjust and the blade tension is improved as well over previous models. The only down side is that Delta put this neat little saw dust cup that also has an opening for dc hook up but the cup has to be removed to get at the bottom blade chuck. Removes easily but just not as fast as previously.
    I saw the Craftsman 149.00 scroll saw in person and checked it out at the store, that is a nice saw for the money but for the extra money, the Delta has much more weight at 60lbs with the entire base and table being made of cast iron. This lends itself to the non vibration in the saw.
    Congrats on the new saw, let me know how you like it. I haven't made any projects yet but have sat several different times and cut different materials with different blades getting used to the saw. It cuts straight, plenty of room to make nice quick turns and you can dial in the perfect speed for the type of wood and thickness.
    Corey