Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Project: Bench Cabinet for Adjust-A-Bench

Jim,

Super nice work on the cabinet. I'm sure it will serve you well. Great pics and write up too.

John
    Woodworking:
    "It's not just a hobby, it's an adventure."

2. Installed cabinet pics?

I know this thread's a little old, but do you by any chance have any pictures of your cabinet installed? I just received my Adjust-A-Bench legs and am building a cabinet for them. I called Mr. Noden to ask how a cabinet underneath the bench might work with the threaded rods and casters; he was very helpful. Still, a photo of your completed project would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Narayan, welcome to the 'Creek!

I'm sorry, but I have not got back on this project to-date for a variety of reasons including becoming a parent to two school aged girls last November. It's on the back burner right now. I actually started building it prior to my visit with Geoffrey's shop awhile back and may decide to re-design the cabinet to allow for the threaded rods which the current box does not. (The existing cabinet carcass can be re-used for something else)

BTW, I sold my caster set to another fellow who bought his Adjust-a-bench without them. I pretty much don't move my bench, shim it up on one end to level due to the slope of my shop floor and generally didn't like banging my shins on the cantilevered brackets. However, they are very well done and perfect when mobility is necessary or desirable for the bench.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

4. Ok, Thanks, Jim

Understood. I'm currently setting up my garage shop, from dust collection to tool storage, and my first child was born just 9 weeks ago. Needless to say, quite a few things have been put on the back burner, and working in the shop now is 50% woodworking, 50% pile-of-stuff rearranging. I'm hoping the bench will at least give me an easily movable pile.

When you do redesign the bench, I'd be interested in how you go about it. As I said, I had a good conversation with Geoffrey a few weeks ago, which should get me started; if I make any progress I'll post ideas as well.

Interesting, Jim. One of the other students in my cabinet making class is making a cabinet for her Adjust-A-Bench. It must be a need not met.