Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Made my Dewalt Planer Mobile Using a Ridgid MS-UV Mobile Miter Saw Stand

Cool Made my Dewalt Planer Mobile Using a Ridgid MS-UV Mobile Miter Saw Stand

Not my original idea and not sure where I had seen it before, maybe here. My shop is so small I need my large Power tool to be mobile to move outside the shop.

Picked up the Miter stand at a Yard sale for $40.00, bought the Planer a few weeks ago. Hope you all enjoy Pictures...

Thanks for looking!
    Last edited by Alan Gan; 09-19-2013 at 3:24 PM.

Blog Entries
    GREAT job......
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution

Blog Entries
    Have planer, will travel. Looking good.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Cool - just $40?

That’s very cool. I notice the planer head is lowered all the way down. Would it still be stable in the storage position if the planer head was raised? - Just curious.

$40 for the stand was a steal!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    That’s very cool. I notice the planer head is lowered all the way down. Would it still be stable in the storage position if the planer head was raised? - Just curious.

$40 for the stand was a steal!
    Thanks, I had not thought about it but I can check it out and post back. It is really stable as is but I do keep it facing a wall just to be safe. I also mounted it towards the lower side (right) of the Miter stand to keep the weight in what I think is a better position for stability and for moving it around.
    Last edited by Alan Gan; 09-19-2013 at 1:37 PM.

Neat idea. I agree keeping it low when standing up is a good idea.

George

I did something similar with a Delta miter saw / planer stand to mount my DW745 about 5 years ago and posted photos of it on the internet. Maybe you saw mine. I've been very happy with the combination. It stores upright the same way, which was very important to me because I have very little space in my shop to store it. All of my planning is done in the driveway, so having wheels and easy maneuverability was very important to me. I think you are going to be very happy with your combination.

Charley

9. Pics are gone??

Alan,
    Is there any way you could repost the pictures. I just recently came across a dw735 and am very interested in what you did here but without the pics it is a bit hard to follow.

JM

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Gan View Post
    Not my original idea and not sure where I had seen it before, maybe here. My shop is so small I need my large Power tool to be mobile to move outside the shop.

Picked up the Miter stand at a Yard sale for $40.00, bought the Planer a few weeks ago. Hope you all enjoy Pictures...

Thanks for looking!

Blog Entries
    This is why we should all urge members to post their pictures directly into the forum. Your valuable input can too quickly become useless through the actions of a third-party.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

The new forum software we will be switching to later this year makes posting pictures as easy as drag & drop. Hopefully all members will take advantage of it.

John, Alan hasn’t been on SawMill Creek in over a year.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Photobucket GAH!!!! Hope I get a chance to see what the poster did for his planer stand. :-(

hmm i wonder why I'm not seeing pics? I am logged in...

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Scarfo View Post
    hmm i wonder why I'm not seeing pics? I am logged in...
    You cant see them in this thread because the external image hosting website the OP used (Photobucket) no longer has them.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

I have the MSUV and used it for my planer more often than I did my miter saw. I've since bought a jointer/planer combo so my MSUV sees little use these days. Last I looked I couldn't find one. Did they quit making them?