Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Workshop layouts...

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Poore View Post
    Dude, you've got way too much floorium. You need more machines. Kirk
    I like floor space. My old shop had none. I had to squeeze between the BS and the TS. Not fun.

Anyway, I'm picking up a nice a Grizzly G0529 OSS/12" disc for $475 delivered (CL). I still need a router table. I'm most likely going to buy the SCTW 10", 7.5HP, 3 phase cabinet saw w/50" for $1300. The table height is the deciding factor. I'll sell my other TS setup for parts, mobile base (not your average mobile base), 50" biesemeyer fence and rails, router lift, cabinets and storage drawers, etc...

Eventually I'll get a lathe. I don't have any projects at the moment that necessitate one. A floor standing DP one day, some mobile carts, clamp carts.

Floor space will be dwindling shortly. Trust me!
    Thanx,

shotgunn

-----------------

More is DEFINITELY more!!!

I'm most likely going to buy the SCTW 10", 7.5HP, 3 phase cabinet saw w/50" for $1300. The table height is the deciding factor

from the type of work you've shown pictures of and the machines you have, it looks like you'll be doing a fair a mount of cabinetry/shelving - it seems to me you'd be much better served by a sliding table saw than another 10" cabinet saw. at times when
    I'm using a lot of sheet goods, its the one thing i really wish i had. why have 2 saws that do the same thing plus a temporary tracksaw station when you can have a dedicated saw for sheet goods and super accurate crosscutting and second tablesaw for ripping/dadoes/etc?

also, i think youll find that the large majority of professional woodworkers sharpen their own chisels, hand planes, etc. but not necessarily bits and saw blades.
    Last edited by Ethan Melad; 10-03-2013 at 8:42 AM.
    Melad StudioWorks
    North Brookfield, MA

ToucheŽ... Any recommendations? I just checked out Grizzly's site. Can this saw handle a full 4'x8' sheet of plywood?

http://www.grizzly.com/products/10-7...le-Saw/G0623X3

A bit out of my price range at the moment, but enough to make me hold off on the SCTW 7.5HP while I mull this over.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan Melad View Post

from the type of work you've shown pictures of and the machines you have, it looks like you'll be doing a fair a mount of cabinetry/shelving - it seems to me you'd be much better served by a sliding table saw than another 10" cabinet saw. at times when
    I'm using a lot of sheet goods, its the one thing i really wish i had. why have 2 saws that do the same thing plus a temporary tracksaw station when you can have a dedicated saw for sheet goods and super accurate crosscutting and second tablesaw for ripping/dadoes/etc?

also, i think youll find that the large majority of professional woodworkers sharpen their own chisels, hand planes, etc. but not necessarily bits and saw blades.
    Thanx,

shotgunn

-----------------

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Tarantino View Post
    i'm not seeing a lot of sawdust on that floor. ever do any income producing work in there?
    See? I made plenty sawdust now... CVMAX when will you arrive?!?!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanx,

shotgunn

-----------------

Just a few minutes at the 718...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanx,

shotgunn

-----------------

no it can not handle a full sheet. it is not capable of doing a 8' straight line cut. this one can http://www.grizzly.com/outlet/14-10-...able-Saw/G0493
    you could always look for a used panel saw from one of the higher end manufactures. (martin, felder, scmi, minmax, etc.)