Thread: Any Experience with CNC Routing Jain Excel Integral PVC?

Any Experience with CNC Routing Jain Excel Integral PVC?

I have a sign project for the CNC and I wanted to use 1" Komacel PVC. The issue is my distributor doesn't have it in stock and it might not be in stock in time. They do have some Jain Excel Integral PVC in stock. Anyone have any experience with this material?

It's roughly 40"x27". The sign is a pretty basic painted sign with V-Carved letters. One spot will have pocketed letters. Depending on how it came out I was going to leave the letters the natural white from the PVC or more likely paint them white again to give a nice bright finish. I didn't want to deal with HDU on this project as it requires more work finishing it. I also wasn't very concerned with the weight as it's less than half a sheet. If the sign was larger, I would have spec'd HDU.

So, Jain PVC okay or should I switch to Duna 15lb HDU?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Equipment: IS400, IS6000, VLS 6.60, LS100, HP4550, Ricoh GX e3300n, Hotronix STX20
    Software: Adobe Suite & Gravostyle 5
    Business: Trophy, Awards and Engraving

Both of those, as well as Sintra and Komatex are a similar product, closed cell PVC foam and should machine about the same. i have not used it myself but have used the other 3 brands. Painting requires a plastic primer, but I have many PVC Foam letters and logos on outside walls that have lasted a long time.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green