Thread: Wooden Box Design

Wooden Box Design

I've been asked to make a memory box for the retiring Scoutmaster of a Boy Scout troop I've been affiliated with for many years. I've looked around and haven't found any design that just screams "Build me". Does anyone have some examples they think would be appropriate?
    Wood'N'Scout

Take a look at Andrew Crawford's site as there might be some inspiration ther. His boxes are fantastic.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
    -Bill Watterson

Reminds me of my safari in Africa. Somebody forgot the corkscrew and for several days we had to live on nothing but food and water.
    -W. C. Fields

Blog Entries
    These are not my boxes. Just inspirations I have gleaned from the internet.

caballete-1.jpgcaboose_V-1.jpgcaboose_V-6.jpgfastness-1box.jpgfastness-2box.jpg

These Pascoe boxes are pretty flashy.

What do you put in something like that?
    The pedestal design means more dusting to do...

The pedestal design means more dusting to do...
    Since when do we woodworkers think about the dusting aspect? If I did I would certainly not be making much more than standard issue shaker style furniture. Not that there is anything wrong with Shaker furniture, I've built my fair share of Shaker inspired pieces. I leave it up to my GF to worry about the dusting aspect after the piece is finished.

There's a big difference between passing a swiffer under the legs of a hall table,
    and getting under a loaded jewelry cabinet.

Anyone that's spent hours looking for a pearl earring (only to find it in a pants cuff) knows the trials of a spilled JB...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Matthews View Post

Anyone that's spent hours looking for a pearl earring (only to find it in a pants cuff) knows the trials of a spilled JB...
    Now thats funny!
    Carpe Lignum