Thread: Serious database issue lately

Blog Entries

Serious database issue lately

The last day or so has seen some really odd database issues here. Whenever I post, I get a database error, but the post goes through. I also see zero replies in the # column, but click on the thread and there are multiple replies form hours ago. The list goes on...
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Also when I search for new posts only a few come up.

I am having issues trying to edit personal information, clicking on the link "My Profile" at the top of the page generates the same error message.
    Andy Kertesz

" Impaled on nails of ice, raked by emerald fire"...... King Crimson '71

I'm seeing the zero replies as well even though there are replies to the thread, just noticed that today.

and the database error appeared on posting this.
    "The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes." - Proust

whew .. I thought it was just my computer!

Im seeing all the same wierd stuff you folks are. Have been since this morning.

We seem to be up to speed now.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I reported the problem to Aaron Koehl early this morning and ask him to rebuild the database. He had two music gigs today so it took awhile before he could get to a computer and repair the problem. I think it was sometime after 6pm when he got the database fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    I reported the problem to Aaron Koehl early this morning and ask him to rebuild the database. He had two music gigs today so it took awhile before he could get to a computer and repair the problem. I think it was sometime after 6pm when he got the database fixed.
    Keith, I assume you all know that it's not fixed, but I thought I'd mention it in case you didn't know.

Still showing 0 posts in threads that have a number of posts.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.