Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hanging Cabinet Doors to Spray, Ideas?

I bought the new version of the painters pyramids with the screw tabs and screwed them down in a somewhat random pattern on a piece of ply. I used a nail board for a long time, but the problem with sharp nails is that if you slide that piece there's a good chance the nails are going to scratch. The pyramids are more forgiving.

I spray flat on a nail board taped to a freestanding turntable I built. I used a cheap lazy susan bearing, three pieces of plywood (base, two pieces for the top part), some pipe and fittings. It really makes life easier and it breaks down when I'm not using it.

3. if you are hanging them, bicycle spokes bent to your liking work well (ie, they are strong enough and have a nipple at the end that lifts off the spoke itself).

When I redid my cupboard doors a few years ago, I noticed small staple holes in the top edge. I repeated the process using the same holes and a few long staples (originally done by the cabinet maker) and hung the doors and sprayed both sides vertically.