Thread: Weekend finds from 09/14/13

Weekend finds from 09/14/13

100_0260 2.jpg100_0259 2.jpg100_0261 2.jpg100_0264 2.jpg

I finally got the pics to work. This is the sweet heart I found(type13). Check out the decal on the handle. The two marking tools were twenty bucks for both. The rosewood is a rams horn style similar the the one's in LV that sell for around sixty five dollars. The draw knife does not have a name on it. If anyone can check this and let me know what it is, you have my thanks in advance.
    Joe

You def need to post a much closer pic of the drawknife to have any hope of getting an ID.

The plane looks to be a good one although the sticker still on the handle may be telling. It obviously was not used a whole lot to still have this sticker, which hopefully is not a sign of it never working very well. Most times it is something than can be fixed up but other times it can be an infinitely frustrating process. Sharpen the blade up and see what it does without any fettling.

Blog Entries
    The plane looks to be a good one although the sticker still on the handle may be telling.
    Sometimes people bought a tool to get a job done then stuck it on a shelf.

Sometimes they put it back in the box.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

About everybody made drawknives; some makers were kind of modest about putting the name on (I used to have one such knife, but it was superseded by others). Sometimes, the stamping is kind of light, and you'll find the maker's stamp anywhere from one end to the other. In my observation, where there is a maker's stamp, it's generally on the same face of the tool as the beveled side of the knife edge.

Nice finds.

It is a Rockford Greenlee #827 10"x 1.675 blade. I finally found the emblem. If was very faint indeed. I hope it makes a good draw knife. Wasn't to bad of a find now was it.