Thread: Gorilla Time Again (Gloat)

Gorilla Time Again (Gloat)

So it has arrived, my first gloat . 6 boxes sitting outside my garage containing my new Gorilla. I suppose I should check some stuff since this is going to be sitting for a few weeks until my new shop is built and ready for things to be installed. Not sure what to check though, heh.

Looking at that stack I was actually expecting a gargantuan task just shifting them a few feet to the other side of the garage door. 5 boxes were as light as a feather, and one 112lb'er that was on the bottom.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Be sure to check the contents of the boxes. I stacked mine in the garage, but decided it would be prudent to check anyway. The box with the obvious damage I had opened when the UPS delivery man was present. The others I opened to discover that the filter was stove in. There was only the slightest damage to the box. I called Oneida and another was on the way the next business day. Oneida's policy on the boxes says to check within three days of receipt. I am glad that I checked.

I've given it a once over now and it appears to all be fine.

Thanks

Pete,

Congrats on the big yellow gorilla! I am sure you will love it when it is installed. Any idea when you will be able to get started on it?
    Jeff Sudmeier

"It's not the quality of the tool being used, it's the skills of the craftsman using the tool that really matter. Unfortunately, I don't have high quality in either"

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Sudmeier
    Any idea when you will be able to get started on it?
    Well, the new shop needs to be built first, and before it can be built the concrete pad has to be laid, and before that I need a permit (and in Santa Cruz the permit process is the pits)

Then of course I'll need to wire the shop, finish the walls at least and the numerous other tasks that go into building a shop from scratch. So I am guessing maybe 2 or 3 months before the yella beastie gets turned on.

Up until now I have used my shop vac for everything so I am expecting it to be bliss in comparison.

Wow Pete, you got some work ahead of you! Everyone is building new shops!! Hope that yours goes well.

If you are upgrading from a shop vac, you will love a decent dust collector, let alone the gorilla! Have fun!
    Jeff Sudmeier

"It's not the quality of the tool being used, it's the skills of the craftsman using the tool that really matter. Unfortunately, I don't have high quality in either"

Congrats on the Gorilla! I lived in Ben Lomond for awhile - San Lorenzo St or something I think - alomost 20 years ago. It's a small Creek after all .