Thread: How about adding a login button on the home page?

How about adding a login button on the home page?

I lost my settings on ,y computer and it took me a long time to figure out how to log in so I could post something. I think that adding a login button in addition to the register button would be helpful for members.

keithz
    Don't burn the wood, turn the wood.

Keith, I don’t know if this is proper or not but I never log off from the Creek. That may or may not be a good thing – a few weeks ago, I got a new PC at work and had a heck of a time remembering my password.

Laugh and the world laughs with you, snore and you sleep alone. -- Anthony Burgess
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

To Log In

Visit www.sawmillcreek.org (the home page).

If you're not logged in, a username/password box will
    appear on the bottom right corner of the screen.
    Otherwise, you'll have the option to log out.

_Aaron_

Forgotten Password

Bruce,

If you forget your password, you can click on the 'Forgotten Your Password' link on any page that requires you to fill in your password.

This will bring up a page where you should enter your registered email address, and your password will be automatically emailed to you immediately.

that doesn't work

I normally do not log off from the creek. However, all my internet cookies were removed from my system while troubleshooting a problem. When I came to the creek the next time, I was not logged in anymore. There is no login option on the homepage that I could find. The only way I could find to log in was to post a message. I was then prompted to log on, which I did.

That is why I am suggesting a login button that is obvious on the home page.

I also did not forget my password.

Thanks

keithz
    Don't burn the wood, turn the wood.

Re: Forgotten Password

Originally posted by Keith Outten
    Bruce,

If you forget your password, you can click on the 'Forgotten Your Password' link on any page that requires you to fill in your password.

This will bring up a page where you should enter your registered email address, and your password will be automatically emailed to you immediately.
    Thanks Keith, I'll try to remember that
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney