Thread: Need 3 Leg Stool Plan

Need 3 Leg Stool Plan

I need to find a plan to build a 3 legged stool,30" seat height, and like the T brace design for stretchers. Anyone know of source? I did not have any luck searching so far. Thanks. I have lathe so turning legs and seat no problem and 16" drill press with Forstner bits so drilling not issue either.

If you don't find one I could make one for you. It shouldn't be terribly difficult.

I seem to recall that there was one in Popular Woodworking a couple of years ago...

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Richards View Post
    If you don't find one I could make one for you. It shouldn't be terribly difficult.
    Dave, I know I have seen a plan somewhere but have not run across it in my old magazines or books. I saw some at the Mesquite Festival here in Fredericksburg last week, but did not even check price since I want one for the shop. It will likely have pine legs and seat, at least the first one for rough use. A plan helps to avoid doing a lot of trial and error fitting, but I have a 4 leg stool to use as a start for "go-by".

I meant that a plan for a three-legged stool shouldn't be very difficult to come up with.

Ten minutes to doodle one out. The rest would be easy enough.
    Last edited by Dave Richards; 10-15-2013 at 5:53 AM.

Thanks Dave. That is the simple stool I am looking to do, and the angles to bore the holes should not be that difficult determine

So you're all set, then? I'd like to see photos of your finished product.