Thread: Hickory Strips?

Hickory Strips?

Hello all, haven't been here in a while. I'm working on a new project, kitchen cabinets and I decided to go with a Hickory look. I have a local supplier who can fix me up with plenty of 4/4 plained and s4s. But that either plained 13/16 or 3/4 and I need some 1/2 and 1/4 inch strips/boards for decorative pieces and trim. And I have been searching the web for a supplier with no luck at all.

I tried to resaw, but I'm not having much luck with the bandsaw I have and I hate to just run them through the planer board after board. Does any one know of some place that could supply me with a selection of hickory in the thicknesses I'm looking for. Width is of no concern.

Thanks

You didn't say how wide the strips need to be but how about a thin kerf blade on the table saw.

3" wide is about all I need, I can trim down from there if I need to. I'd be leary of kickback with the blade position in the wood. Not enough guts for that method

I have a 7 1/2 inch blade that has a 1/16 inch kerf that I use for tasks like this. Run it through then flip and run it through again. If you leave about 1/4 unsawn in the middle, you can easily finish it with a handsaw or band saw. Works great for me.

Might try that, Thanks