Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: which machine or cnc to buy?

A good made is great but none of the really cheap machines are great. One with good customer service and a really good forum will make life much easier. I would say go camaster or comparable BUT I didn't see you wanting to make it a business so read the forums and many of the cheaper ones would be great just for a hobbyist.

Shop for used and get more bang for your buck

1-IMG_6468.jpgDSC02283.jpgIMG_2754.JPG CAMasters are not for everyone, they are Built to an Industrial standard using the same principles as the larger machines The have built for many years, I equate them as relevant in American enginnering and quality as equal to my Harley Davidson in process and quality. For this reason they hold High resale values and there are no "Dead Machines" out on the field, My older x3 and my original 408 (built in 98) is still performing as it always had in a sign shop in FLA. the controls are Indutrial Wincnc and its stability is second to none, there is no constant Beta testing done on unsuspecting owners and is far capable of any macro known to the cnc world. I started with the carvewright and it took six weeks to realize I had bought the wrong machine (for me) I was also seeing the problems they had with the early machines and the lack of concern they had for the owners who purchased them, there has been some upgrades and they have their loyalist following or at least a perpetual renewal of new owners to keep the flow in place, the machine can be a lot of fun, I did enjoy it when it worked but in the long run saw its limitations and proprietary nature real quick,, I went to Gcode CNC and have done well with it ever since. The CAmaster stinger has well proven its place in the market and this is proven by its owners forum

What was the price range you were looking at? Also what footprint of the shop do you want to devote to it?
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

One more CW Fan

I agree with the experienced users' advice given here and as a newbie to the Sawmill Creek Forum I'll state right up front that I'm a dedicated CarveWright user and CW Forum participant. I have two machines and about five years experience using them as a home hobby/light business user. I made the same kind of decisions mentioned and went with the CW after determining I could . . 1. Afford the unit . . . 2. It would do what I wanted right out of the box and . . 3. I could expand what it could do size-wise as I learned to carve larger projects in multiple horizontal boards and glue them up like most woodworkers do the create a wood panel. Key to all this was the price of entry and the CW Forum and other on-line groups that have helped me grow at my own pace. With the ability to carve on a 14 1/2" wide board up to about 10' long and 5" thick in one pass there just are not any projects I've run into to date that I could not undertake. Just my 2¢ for what it's worth as you make these choices. If you wish any more details I'd be happy to discuss my choices off line or here for some additional perspective. Berthas Plaque.jpg Celtic Mirror 7.jpg Celtic Spoon 2.jpg East Otto 2.jpg IMG_0018.jpg Fair Winds, Capt Bruce

5. chinese cnc very low price

Hi everyone, this is my first post, so I introduce briefly, I write from Italy, have a small business here, make resin stamps. Also have a cnc from Cielle and engrave aluminium, Brass, Plastic, ecc. You would excuse me for my english. I'll been reading some threads about chinese cnc and lasers, and I'm now lookin to buy one, or both.. So i was wanderin if some of you knows a company named Nanjing Chaohan Digital, Don't know if i can link the page, they make a machine OP-1212 with ball screws for 3300 us dollars. Spindle is the economic water-chilled one, but all other charac seems ok.

well....lol I was looking at CW price line, and then started thinking on lines of Probotix line. I plan on taking over hubbys "junk shop" in basement which would be a approx. a 240 sf area. He will not be happy as he is works on his bows and guns for hunting season, but I think after 25 yrs, it tis my turn! lol!

thank you and absolutely love your work!!! seeing is believing!