Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Re-saw blades

check Carter

I let a Carter salesman talk me into his re-saw blade, and I have been very happy. Not all that expensive, and it appears I am getting a very good life from it. It cuts dead straight, as straight as any band saw blade I've tried. I would like it better if it left a smoother surface, but it seems to be like all the others I've had in that regard. I tried Timberwolf, I recall it was pricey, and did not last all that well, but there may have been an errant nail involved.

BTW- size matters- I run 105 inches, 1/2 inch blade, on a 14 Great White Delta.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Colombo View Post
    Who makes the best re-saw blade for a bandsaw?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Duncan View Post
    I'm in the camp of keeping your blades sized for what your bandsaw can handle, for most 14" saws 3/4" is too much blade.
    ^^^^THIS^^^^
    1/2" 3-4 tpi.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Here's a 'nonstandard' choice. I have some blades from this company but not this particular variety. The blades I have perform as expected and seem to last pretty well.

http://supercutbandsaw.com/hawcpro.html

or

http://supercutbandsaw.com/woodsaver.html

The claim of 'carbide' is I think sorta bogus. Blades like the Trimaster and Laguna blades have carbide teeth somewhat like table saw blades. I'm pretty sure the supercut blades do not, instead claiming to have carbide particles in the steel. I have premium gold blades that make the same 'carbide' claim, there are no braised cabide bits on the tips. Still, the premium gold blades seem to wear well and don't drift.