Thread: Roland BN-20 Waste Tank Drain Cartridge - empty it myself?

Roland BN-20 Waste Tank Drain Cartridge - empty it myself?

The Roland BN-20 Waste Tank Drain Cartridge costs about $50 for a new one. Are there any tutorials on emptying it myself, instead of buying a new one?

Thanks!
    John

The amount of ink it can hold is calculated taking into account the absorbent material used by Roland. That prevents it from overfilling the waste tank and causing damage to the machine.

You could open the tank and replacing the absorbent material with rags, or cheesecloth but you run the risk of it being overfilled and damaging the machine. Since that would void your warranty I would not recommend it, but if you try it, empty more frequently.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Signs 101 has more printer users that may offer some advice. Good point... Warranty...

AL
    1 Laser, 4 CarveWrights, Star 912 Rotary, CLTT, Sublimation, FC7000 Vinyl, 911 Signs, Street Signs, Tourist Products and more.
    Home of the Fire Department "Epoxy Dome Accountability Tag and Accountability Boards".

I'd assume you'll need some sort of chip resetter as well. This is pretty common practice on large format sublimation printers.

Thank you for the responses. I ended up buying a new one, since it's still under warranty... plus, I can mess around with the old one without worry.

Thanks again!