Thread: Well not exactly a ww tool, but…

Well not exactly a ww tool, but…

After buying a totally junk old Hyster fork truck and losing a bunch on the sale I still needed a decent fork truck, so I spent a little (make that lot) more for a newer, bigger, hopefully better truck. It’s a 1993 Komatsu 5,000 lb, LP lift truck with a triple side shift mast. At 5,000 hours I’ve seen trucks that looked better, but it seems mechanically sound and I had a little work done before it was delivered. Still could use a little paint and new tires, but for now it runs and works. I don’t see a brand new truck in my future, but hopefully this one will do the trick.

Thanks for looking – John

Last edited by John Weber; 06-03-2005 at 12:54 PM.

Ahhhh...that's for loading them BIG blanks on the lathe, right? Hey, but you're not a turner, are you? Ohhhh....For your next load of LN's...!!! I see. Seriously, that should turn the trick for you! The cute operator and co-pilot come with it?
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

John,

Well it doesn't cut the lawn, haul mulch from Lowes, or cut wood, but hopefully will save me some rent and be a big help moving stuff around. The dang thing has like a 15' mast, I get scared just raising it up "without" a load, luckly I seldom go above 6'. Now if LN wants a midwest distributor...

John

P.S. The kids love Dad's "tractor" as they like to call it, the rental was white/yellow but we'll have to some up with a name for the blue/gray color scheme...

That is quite a haul(er). Since it is blue and gray, you might call it the Lincoln since he was president during the civil war. You can also tell people that you can't afford a real Lincoln auto
    Best Regards, Ken

John,
    To get the tools to the new teaching studio space, we are using a triple mast, through a 6' hole in the floor. So, if it breaks I'll give you a buzz.
    Nice toy.
    Alan Turner
    Philadelphia Furniture Workshop

John,

That would be a very handy peice of machinery to have around! I can think of quite a few times I would have used one.

If I start buying power tools that size, LOML might just kill me!
    Jeff Sudmeier

"It's not the quality of the tool being used, it's the skills of the craftsman using the tool that really matter. Unfortunately, I don't have high quality in either"

Thanks guys, here is my first lift I never used. It was a beater Hyster, I bought it and had it hauled to the repair place, but it needed so much work I sold it for basically scrap/parts and tried to cut my losses. The Komatsu is a much newer and nicer machine. Side shift is a dream in a tight warehouse.

John

John, looks like a good forklift-- my son is in the forklift business and he says the "new" forklift is worth about $6,500. It is a good unit and will give you many hours of service-- great find!
    Jerry

Jerry,

That is nice to hear, I'll be sure to pass it along to my wife. Does your son have any helpful hints? I know a little mechanically, but the lift came with little documentation, heck we bought a new digital camera that had about a 100 page manual, the fork lift has zip. I'm going to call Komatsu and see if I can get a owners guide or something, the fork lift industry is a very interesting one.

John

It's nice of you to get the kids that nice go-kart! I just get my kids things like sleds and scooters. You're a great daddy!!
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson