Thread: Great Pneumatic Staple Gun...

Great Pneumatic Staple Gun...

For years now, I've been struggling with T-50 staplers. I've got a heavy duty manual one and an electric one and have used them for upholstering. Well, I finally got the bright idea that maybe, there was a pneumatic T50 gun available. After a search, I found a Surebonder 9600A, Heavy Duty Staple Gun and purchased it on Amazon.
    I just want to say that this inexpensive little gun is exactly what I was looking for, all this time. It works like any other nail gun, when it drives the staples. It won't quite drive long staples into white oak, but only because the staples just can't penetrate the hard wood and they end up deforming, however in pine, plywood and hardboard, the gun seems to have no problems at all, driving my longest staples.
    Just wanted to pass this along to anyone else who has gone thru the frustration of unsuccessfully driving T50 staples.
    Last edited by Derek Arita; 10-26-2013 at 9:25 AM.

Good info.
    I was in the market for a pneumatic T50 stapler a month and a half ago. I had to rescreen a screened in porch. No one had one local & I was 50/50 on ordering one online since there wasn't a lot of info & feedback from users.
    I ended up just using my old Arrow manual.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Got one from Harbor Freight a couple of months ago to upholster some benches at church. With a 25% off coupon, I think I paid $18 for it. It uses Arrow T-50 staples and after shooting about a thousand staples, it's still going strong. It got pretty good reviews on another site I frequent, so I said "what the heck, for $18, I'll give it a shot". So far , so good!

Check it out here: http://www.harborfreight.com/20-gaug...ler-68029.html
    "When the horse is dead, GET OFF."

I started out with an electric staple gun - Arrow? I don't remember the name but it was useless for anything but short staples & soft wood. Pneumatic gun does what I expect a staple gun to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Harms View Post
    I started out with an electric staple gun - Arrow? I don't remember the name but it was useless for anything but short staples & soft wood. Pneumatic gun does what I expect a staple gun to do.
    Curt, do you have the same one I have or is there another one?

had to redo the felt on my pool table .
    went to harbor freight and bought an electric one , took it right back . wouldn't put a staple in the rail.
    shopped around on line ,no of the stores around here didn't have one (pneumatic) in stock .
    found this @ lowes but had to order it .http://www.arrowfastener.com/product/pt50
    cheaper than msrp ordering through lowes !.
    best staple gun i've ever used !!

I have that same Surebonder 9600. I bought it on sale at the local Menards a few years ago. It works, drives staples to their limit and doesn't jam. I'm not sure how long it will last but at the price it's an expendable. I just checked and Menards again has it on sale for $14.99. I think I'll pick up a spare.

Quote Originally Posted by David L Morse View Post
    I have that same Surebonder 9600. I bought it on sale at the local Menards a few years ago. It works, drives staples to their limit and doesn't jam. I'm not sure how long it will last but at the price it's an expendable. I just checked and Menards again has it on sale for $14.99. I think I'll pick up a spare.
    Now that's really cheap. I paid about $23 for mine. If I ever see that cheap, I'll def pick up a spare.

Derek: I got the same model Surebonder about 6 weeks ago to help install attic baffles and insulation in my workshop and it worked terrific; no problems at all. At $23, I thought was a steal. If I ever come across one for $14, I'll definitely grab another. You might want to take a look at the Surebonder staples as well. I've used Arrow T-50s for years, but have always hated the fact that the staple clips break apart just by looking at them, makes loading the stapler a real pain in the butt. I went thru 2 boxes of Surebonder staples and didn't have any problems with the clips breaking apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Betker View Post
    Derek: I got the same model Surebonder about 6 weeks ago to help install attic baffles and insulation in my workshop and it worked terrific; no problems at all. At $23, I thought was a steal. If I ever come across one for $14, I'll definitely grab another. You might want to take a look at the Surebonder staples as well. I've used Arrow T-50s for years, but have always hated the fact that the staple clips break apart just by looking at them, makes loading the stapler a real pain in the butt. I went thru 2 boxes of Surebonder staples and didn't have any problems with the clips breaking apart.
    Bob, thanks for the tip. I'll give Surebonders a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Arita View Post
    Curt, do you have the same one I have or is there another one?
    No, mine is a long since discontinued WoodTek from Woodworker's Supply. It still works, though.

Great news
    Thanks
    When I cant use a slap hammer i buy the heavy duty arrow electric, usually only lasts for one job/house and then dies...
    Carpe Lignum

Good thread! I need to do my porch screens this Spring so I'll need to pick one up. Sounds like the HF or SB would do just fine.