Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My new workshop

Hi folk. How do I upload a pdf to a post?? I am getting confused
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi guys. It looks like I succeeded in getting the cad to pdf file up. I wish to ask everyone that is interested, to offer comments, ideas, suggestions etc as to my proposed layout. I would be eternally greatful to anyone who posts. As much input as possible would be truly appreciated as I am moving at the end of November and I want to eliminate problems as best possible. many thanks in advance.

Best regards
    Tobias

This is a Vienna Regulator that I made a couple of years ago. The casework is Cherry and the backboard is bookmatched myrtle veneer.
    Vienna regulator.jpg

Tobias, wow, great looking bench and work too. You are well beyond my skill level.

On your layout, does all the equipment and supplies come in through the double doors on the bench room or did I miss another set of doors. It seems like a second set of doors behind the TS could be beneficial. I like the layout though, and the division between bench/assembly and machine room.

Hi Tobias,

Welcome to the creek. I am looking forward to seeing photo's of your house and shop. I am excited for you.

Sam

Hi Michael. Humble thanks for the compliment. You embarass me. Regarding the layout, I agree completely that a separate access to the machine room is severely lacking. Unfortunately the area near the Table Saw is restricted to an enclosed back yard that is not very big and has no road access. So...... everything will have to traverse via the double doors from the driveway into the bench room and then through double doors again. Please keep thinking of other ideas, I really appreciate your input

Best regards
    Tobias

Hello Sam Thank you for the welcome. It is great to be amongst likeminded folk. I will post pics as I go. I dismantled my dust extraction system today, went much easier than I anticipated. Tomorrow I move my entire lumber stock to Swellendam.....Solo and sweating! haha

best regards
    Tobias

8. Oooooh... He does clocks too. Now you've got my attention! As if that showpiece of a workbench wasn't enough...

Gorgeous work! Keep us updated on how things are progressing!

Hi Will and thanks for the compliment. At present everything is boxed and waiting for the removal people around Dec 12. Then the real work starts!!
    Cheers
    Tobias

That bench is breathtakingly beautiful. You must be so proud of that.

Blog Entries
    I am having workbench envy, but no way would I have room for that sweet baby.

Hi Rick. Thanks so much for the compliment. Truly appreciated. The bench was a mission to make, but has been my best business card of the past 14 or so years.

Cheers
    Tobias

Hi Ole. Thanks very much. Your compliment humbles me.
    Have a great day
    Cheers
    Tobias

Hi. Only a few days now until the removal truck arrives to transport all our stuff to our new home. Moving house in December is not clever at all, I discovered in retrospect!!!! Firstly its really expensive, and no alteration work for the new workshop can start as its the "Silly Season" so the whole workshop will be stored adjacent to the new bench room for the holidays. It looks like I can only start on the walls and doors about 10 January!! At least I will be able to make a basic start on the bench room as I have prebuilt all the cabinets. So......A fresh coat of white paint on the wall and rafters and cabinet placement and attachment in addition to the electrical reticulation will be about all I shall be able to acheive over the festive period. (Other than sorting out the house itself for LOML!!) This has got to be the last time I move house!!!

Hi everyone. You must have thought that I had dropped off the edge of the planet! Well the big move is over.....Never again!!! Anyway, LOML has had me extremely busy sorting out the house itself, so my workshops have taken a bit of a back burner status. Sonja wanted two spare beds upstairs, then she wanted two in the guest room and two in the guest cottage...ok I said, no problem i said, other than some simple maths....we only have five single beds, not six!! She then decided that we should only have one bed upstairs for now. At this juncture, I need to inform you that I am performing solo on the musical bed parody.On getting one of the beds down the tricky narrow stairs, it slipped and hit my foot so now I am the proud owner of a broken toe resembling a fat chipolota sausage! All in a days fun I suppose. I have been moving all my machinery around over the past two days, first gap I managed. The bench room is starting to look a bit more functional and I started a five this morning and have just finished the 220Vac duel outlet reticulation down the inner side of the bench room. Also hung my sash clamps.

Now I need to go and clean the swimming pool!!

Will post some pics as soon as I find my camera!
    Tobias