Thread: Where can I find?

Where can I find?

I am trying to figure out what it is called and where I can find one. I want to get a punch for making the slots in license plates because I am going to be making special license plates that will stay indoors and I need to find the punch for making the slots. The corner mate slot punch will not work because it does not go in far enough to put the slot in the proper place . Any help would be appreciated.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Epilog mini 2412 45 watt
    corel x4
    sand carving unit
    full wood shop

Why slots, as opposed to round holes?

In any case, Googling "metal press punch hand" coughed up some likely candidates.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

I have three of these. Kind of pricey unless you will use them often. Really very well made - true machine shop grade presses.
    http://roperwhitney.com/bench-medium-duty.html
    Trotec Speedy 100 30W
    CorelDraw 2023
    EngraveLab 9
    Sublimation
    MillRight CNC Power Route Plus
    Duct Tape
    WD40

You could order a punch from Pace Punches http://pacepunches.com/PacePunchescatalog.pdf page 16, and maybe just use a mallet if you don't want to buy a press. I'm not sure what material you are cutting. Couldn't you just laser cut the holes? Good luck!
    Margaret Turco

60 watt Universal V-460, Coreldraw X4

Thanks for the input I will see what I can get figured out and go from there. The license plates cannot be laser cut as they will be metal. They will also be going on actual bumpers not just hung on a wall.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Epilog mini 2412 45 watt
    corel x4
    sand carving unit
    full wood shop

You can't use a blank one with the slots already in it? Lots of places to buy those.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cindy Rhoades View Post
    Thanks for the input I will see what I can get figured out and go from there. The license plates cannot be laser cut as they will be metal. They will also be going on actual bumpers not just hung on a wall.
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

Randy, I have the #16 with the oval "M" punch... Found it on eBay. Thanks for the link....

Cindy, My vote goes for the pre made plates unless this is a special size?
    1 Laser, 4 CarveWrights, Star 912 Rotary, CLTT, Sublimation, FC7000 Vinyl, 911 Signs, Street Signs, Tourist Products and more.
    Home of the Fire Department "Epoxy Dome Accountability Tag and Accountability Boards".