Thread: Trash container

Trash container

The past couple weeks I have been out communing with the outdoors. We have had problems with the neighborhood dogs getting into our garbage so for the past year, we have kept it inside out chain link fence an din our "designated backyard." Well, that looked about as classy as something in a punch bowl, so after much haranguing I got to work on a trash bin out back and away form the house.

It is made of 4x4 corner posts with 2x6 flooring joists and top "plate?". The flooring is 1x6. The gate is 2x4s flanked by 2 more 4x4s. The walls are made of dog ear pickets in shadow box style. All materials are pressure treated. The posts are cemented in the ground one foot deep. All 2x6s are connected to the 4x4s with 1/4X3 lagbolts. The flooring is attached with 1 5/8 deck screws. Othe framing is attached with 3" deck screws. The pickets are attached with 1 1/5" 15ga. nails from the trusty Senco.

LOML says that it will someday be a historical point of interest. After the house and gone, the trash bin will still be there. Some times you just don't get any respect.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ken Garlock; 06-05-2005 at 3:54 PM.
    Best Regards, Ken

Thats cool

Well Built and over built, very good.
    You know it could also double as a fort
    for your neighborhood ruffians.
    Or maybe a stockade.
    Oh to be 10 again.
    Per
    "all men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night....wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible."
    T.E. Lawrence

Ken,

It looks well in that setting! You would never know it contained garbage!
    Jeff Sudmeier

"It's not the quality of the tool being used, it's the skills of the craftsman using the tool that really matter. Unfortunately, I don't have high quality in either"

Looks great Ken! I write some insurance for some guys out in California that get paid very well to do nothing but trash enclosures! You could compete with them!

Corey

Nicely done!!

Quote Originally Posted by Per Swenson
    Well Built and over built, very good.
    You know it could also double as a fort
    for your neighborhood ruffians.
    Or maybe a stockade.
    Oh to be 10 again.
    Per
    Hmm: If there was a guard house on each corner, one would think it was the set for F Troop??

Jealousy!

Ken,
    Put a piece of purple painted plywood over that beauty and you've got a picture of my house! Nice job!

Dale T.
    I am so busy REMAKING my projects that I don't have time to make them the FIRST time!