Thread: Router Table in progress (pics)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Router Table in progress (pics)

Just to let SMC know that I do a little working between asking so many questions, I thought I would share a couple of pictures of a router table I am in the middle of finishing. I know I promised Tim some shots a few days ago in another post.

I am open to any suggestions or constructive critisim before I get any further along and can adjust. Hardware is not on the doors yet and still many last minute details to acomplish. The left door will be temporary as I hope to add drawers in it's place later on. I may cut re-cut the right door so the upper RH door will cover the hole next to the switch.

Constructed mostly from 3/4 oak ply with Rockler Table top and extension wings. Dust collector port/chute not in place yet, but it's coming Plan on finishing in Golden Oak stain (upper doors are example) with many coats of wipe on poly.

LOML says not to add center trim to upper doors, what do you folks say?

I Know I am a newbie so please go easy on any mistakes you see
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bob Noles; 06-05-2005 at 4:06 PM.

I LIKE!!! I have never seen extension wings before on a router table...cool indeed. Is that a rockler part? I also like the trim detail on the bottom doors. What kind of castors is it sitting on? are they hard to lock and unlock? Now I can wait to see how you make your drawers and copy them

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Morton
    I LIKE!!! I have never seen extension wings before on a router table...cool indeed. Is that a rockler part? I also like the trim detail on the bottom doors. What kind of castors is it sitting on? are they hard to lock and unlock? Now I can wait to see how you make your drawers and copy them
    Tim,

Thanks for the comments. Yes, the extention wings are from Rockler. I ordered them the same time as I did the table itself.

Castors are 3" plain Jane locking from the borg. They are not hard to lock\unlock and seem to stay put

As far as the drawers.... well..... I was hoping to steal yours

Really lookin' good Bob. I know you're going to find you use your new router table on nearly every project. Trust me, you'll thank yourself everytime you use it although yours looks almost too nice to get dirty.

Make sure you let us see the final product!
    Kent Cori

Half a bubble off plumb

Kent,

Thanks for the kind words.

I am already somewhat of a router freak and this router station will make me even more of one like you said It is replacing an old Wolfcraft model that I hated.

As someone who prefers a wider router table, I really do appreciate the wings you installed! Like any machining tool, the more support you can give to the workpiece, the better. Nice job on this project!! Keep on coming with the photos!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Jim,

Coming from you, your comments make me proud and I'm not even finished yet. I appreciate your words and yes, more pictures to follow after completion. After all, Tim is after my drawers.