Thread: Display glasses

Display glasses

Hi All,

I have four glasses (ordinary 12 oz size) and want to build something to display them on. I can't think of a creative way to do it. Anyone done a project like that?

Thanks for the help.

Chip

Are you thinking of something to hang on the wall? Do you have photos of the glasses? I'm not sure what an "ordinary 12 oz. size" glass looks like. What sort of tools and skill do you have?

I would like to put them on a shelf, so the four would be in a square pattern. I have a ts, router and table, drill press and some hand tools.

I think it would help us to know the purpose . Are they going to be used,or are they more of a sports or school related thing that are just a display? If they are going to be used and are not monogrammed I would store them upside down and that might influence the display design.

As Mel says, it would be nice to know more.

The thought that came to mind is a shadow box sort of affair with four small shelves cantilevered off the back. The glasses would sit in small recesses in those shelves. A background of colored felt or velvet. Maybe some lights in the recesses to shine light up inside the glasses if that would help to show them off. Lights around the sides. Glass across the front to keep the dust out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Richards View Post
    A background of colored felt or velvet. Maybe some lights in the recesses to shine light up inside the glasses if that would help to show them off.
    Not even knowing anything about the glasses or the purpose or intent of the display, I like the idea of shining the light up through the glasses. It seems it would show them off in a very attractive way.