Thread: New vBulletin 3.0 Features - Very Cool Stuff

New vBulletin 3.0 Features - Very Cool Stuff

Here is a list from the vBulletin board concerning the list of features for the 3.0 upgrade. The list is very long but if you scan through you will see that our next upgrade will add plenty of very nice features. This will in turn allow us to offer a more comprehensive platform for our woodworking comminuty to enjoy.

If you visit the link below you will see the version 3 beta 2 version of vBulletin and the new interface they have designed. Note the intregrated text listing window, something like Badger Pond.

Of major interest to everyone here is the ability to include multiple pictures with each message. Another nice feature is the ability to respond directly to a sub-thread.

*** List of features already in vb 3.0 ***

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=62743

Really sounds interesting, Keith.
    What you do today determines what you can do tomorrow.

vb 3.0

Keith, the new version sounds great! The ability to post multiple pictures would be really nice.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I don't understand but about half of it Keith.

All I really want to know is will it be in a format like Badger Pond.

Where you have the list of posts & can select a post to read & a new window will open with the post & all the answers below it & no frames?

Leaving the posts index in the back ground?
    I usually find it much easier to be wrong once in while than to try to be perfect.

My web page has a pop up. It is a free site, just close the pop up on the right side of the screen

Originally posted by Bart Leetch
    All I really want to know is will it be in a format like Badger Pond.

Where you have the list of posts & can select a post to read & a new window will open with the post & all the answers below it & no frames?
    Personally, I like the present format but agree that one should be able to choose a threaded or flat format at will. TractorByNet.com has that capability. (Also a vBulletin-based site)
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Looking forward to it

Keith -

Really looking forward to the new version. Any idea on a date?

Ted

New vBulletin 3.0 Features

Ted,

As with any type of software programing any guess of an estimated release date is just a SWAG. I think three months ago they were saying 30 days

Jim,

The current format will be user selectable from the main menu, I believe that three different user interfaces will be available.

Bart,

Visit the link above and look at the threaded view, this is as close to the Badger Pond style as I have seen. The good news is that all of the other bells and whistles are a bonus.

To All,

It's been well over a year since vBulletin has shipped an upgrade of their sofware. The list of new features is so large it takes about 1.5 hours to read everything already included and there is a list of things everyone would like to add to the current list.

The quality of our software determines in part the distance we can go as a group. Some of the features we are looking forward to offering here at SawMill Creek depend on version 3.0 of vBulletin. I think everyone understands that SawMill Creek isn't an experiment, we are in this for the long haul and we would like to offer everyone a custom experience if we can. Those who prefer a simple access to our forums should have it, those who prefer more features and functionality should be able to contribute at a higher level if they prefer.

Most importantly the administration effort must be kept to a reasonable level when adding new features since we do not provide any compensation for our staff. Well written software helps reduce the administrative burden even when new features are added. The list of new features in version 3 includes almost as many admin improvememts as they have made on the front side of the program. Needless to say we can't wait to install the upgrade. Everyone Wins!

Keith

I have been very happy with the forum the way it is the extra features are a great help. I like the view new posts feature & the ability to post pics right off my hard drive. I also like the PM feature & have use it quite a lot. I don't think I have really used all the features that you have supplied.

I just kinda liked the format where the message opened automatically in a new window.

Ok I'm off to explore some more.
    I usually find it much easier to be wrong once in while than to try to be perfect.

My web page has a pop up. It is a free site, just close the pop up on the right side of the screen

Bart,

While I despise the Badger Pond and Wood Central styles and Like the VBulleten and UBB style boards the one thing that I believe is a must have is Tabbed Browsing.

If you havent tried the latest Netscape or Mozilla's Tabbed browsing (I think Opera has it also) then you dont know what you're missing.

I simple put the forum index is tab one, and whe I click on a thread, it opens another tab just for that thread. You can open one after another and have many open at the same time....great for cut and paste. You could also have sawmillcreek message bases in a couple of open tabs whild having the sawmill creek chat open in another., and WoodNet in yet more.
    Bill Esposito
    Click on my user name to see the link to My Personal WoodWorking and Tool Review Pages