I recently finished a Dutch Tool Chest, based on the article in Popular Woodworking Mag. I built it because I thought it would be a fun build, plus I've been teaching a few classes at my local woodworking supply shop and I hated carrying my tools in cardboard boxes. The thing I thought I would share here are my only 2 "new" ideas on the project.
1 - For the back I used pine T&G boards from the home center. They made construction really easy because I just cut them to length and screwed them on. I know plywood would have been easier, but I wanted to stay with solid wood.
2 - Side handles - I moved them up toward the top of the chest because I thought it would make the chest easier to carry. I also reinforced the sides on the inside of the case so that the screws through the handles were 1.25 inches long rather than 0.75inches. Longer screws should be less likely to pull-out in my thinking, and the reinforcement should make the chest less likely to split. Time will tell.
I did a basic build-along on my blog, if you would like more info. Critiques welcome.