Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lee Valley Sweatshirts...

Lee Valley Sweatshirts...

Just letting you know, I just got a couple of the Lee Valley sweatshirts in their Christmas stuff and man, are they nice. They're not cheap, but I wear a lot of sweatshirts and these are the best I've ever owned. They are thick, nicely fitted and seem to be a really good quality fleece. True to size as well. Just FYI...

$75 for a sweatshirt!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Buxton View Post
    $75 for a sweatshirt!
    Are you sure that's not a Festool sweatshirt???
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

Really, huh. That said, you don't buy Festool cause it's cheap and it's the same with Lee Valley stuff.

No doubt, eh. There is good sense in paying good money for a shirt that will last a long time. A lot of us do it for tools. I only wish they made them big enough for me.
    Paul

I really like the design and look of them. When I opened the catalog in front of my wife I said "sweet, those are some nice sweatshirts!" Then we looked at the price - not that sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Tymchak View Post
    Are you sure that's not a Festool sweatshirt???
    I like Festool and I am not into bashing them for their prices, but that was funny.

How many did you buy? I did a google search, and they all say out of stock.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

I hate to admit this, but I ended up getting 2 black, 2 of the pullover and 1 red. First, I seldom find clothes that I like that fit well, so when I do, I buy multiples of it. Secondly, I thought these might sell out quickly, so I better act quickly. If I changed my mind, I could always return what I didn't want.

Whoa, that's like $400 in sweatshirts! I'm glad the cheapo ones at marshals fit me.
    Glad you found some good ones that fit you, they do look very sharp.

Not only are they a good fit, but they are thick and quite warm. They take the place of a jacket, without the bulk. I got one for the shop and one to wear out, in each color.

12. I'm sorry, but if you are willing to pay $75 to advertise someone else's business, then you should be paying someone to do your own woodworking projects also..... ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Richardson View Post
    I'm sorry, but if you are willing to pay $75 to advertise someone else's business, then you should be paying someone to do your own woodworking projects also..... ;-)
    I disagree. Not a lot different than all the people floating around in team jersies - - - alot of whom are way too well fed to play any sport, other than drinking beer.

If the guy wants to fly Robin's colors, so be it. If he can afford a good sweatshirt, more power to him. He seems to know what he likes, appreciates quality, and was entitled to post his comments here.

BTW, I just ordered one too; thank you for the recommendation.

Be okay if they paid by the hour for you advertising for them. I always felt it was a real setup to charge a person for clothing that had a company name or logo written on it. They get paid for a person advertising for them.... and they always get more for there clothing just because a person is willing to do it. I'm not the only one thinking this way, you never see a manufacturer logo on a UPS truck.
    "We the People ........"

I like the sports team analogy. It's the same thing. You like something and you're proud enough of it to show it and support it. What's wrong with that?