Thread: Replying to PM's - Two Questions

Replying to PM's - Two Questions

1 - When I reply to a PM the typing rate is incredably slow. I have to want most of the time between typing letters. It mostly does this when I am replying to a PM. Not an issue in any other website. Any suggestions?

2 - How do I send a picture? I don't see the paperclip thingy for attachments. The insert thing wants a URL.

I have other odd issues with the site also, like can't scroll to the bottom of a page.

Thanks,
    JimE

What version browser ? Mac or PC ?

I am on a PC using IE 9 and in Private Message mode it does appear you need to use a link to a picture.

That link can be here on SC or elsewhere such as Photobucket.

To find the link to an image you have uploaded to SC click on "settings" at the top right of your page.

On the bottom left is "attachments". Click on that and you will get a list of all the attachments you have uploaded.

Find the one you want and click on it. Copy that address when it opens in a new page and paste it into your PM..

Cheers, Don
    Don Kondra – Furniture Designer/Maker
    Product Photographer

Don,

I'm on a laptop with IE 11.

I find the "paperclip" thingy easier but with have to live with what we have

This mega delay in typing drives me nuts. I can go to Word, do my typing, copy and paste faster than I can keep backing up here. And........... I am by no means a fast typists.

Don't have any idea why I can't scroll or drag to the bottom of the page. It just keeps bouncing back. Only site I have these issues with.

JimE

Hi Jim,

As I understand it, the paper clip thingee is only available on new posts or replies to posts.

I'm going to take a guess that your problem is IE 11, it currently doesn't play nice with VBulletin. It took a while for IE 10 to work properly too...

Although the newer versions of VBulletin now have an "auto save" function it is still not a bad idea to compose your message off line and copy and paste it into the message.

One thing that worked with IE 10 is to choose "Compatibility Mode", it's the broken page icon at the top left to the immediate right of the url address of the web page.

Cheers, Don
    Product Photographer

Just tried a reply on my PC with Win 7 and don't seem to have the issues.

When I started the typing for this reply, the typing was going downward one letter at a time instead of horizontal. Couldn't even backspace. Had to reopen it, go to "go advaced". Go figue.

Maybe it's a Win 8.1 thing with this site.

Don,

I don't see a broken page to the right of the sawmillcreek.org................. address in IE 11. The only thing to the right of the web address are icons for search, address bar down arrow and refresh.

Jim

Windows 8.1 on a Mac with IE 11...

Can't help with that, I'm sticking with my PC and Windows 7/IE 9

Cheers, Don

Found this > http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/i...2-c9d9867069b4
    Last edited by Don Kondra; 11-23-2013 at 12:44 PM.
    Product Photographer

Don,

Well after reading and clicking for an hour and being totally dazed most of the time, I went back and did the thing the first post said they did. That being find the capatibility thingy and add the website.

As I type this, things seem to have improved.

Thanks,
    JimE