Thread: Combination Spindle-Disk Sander?

Combination Spindle-Disk Sander?

Hello everybody, I've been reading the forum for about 3 months, so I thought should introduce myself. Very interesting place and nice bunch of guys. Now for my question, somewhere in one of the many tool magazines I receive I saw a combination spindle-disk sander and can't remember the brand or the tool magazine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance
    Scott

Sorry, no new ones come to mind right now. I know that oliver made one as did tannewitz and I believe yates american. But these are all older OWWM companies and I dont know if your looking for heavy vintage iron or not. The oliver, for example, had a 30 inch disc and the spindle unit taken from the oliver 381 spindle sander. This is the green oliver. Not to be confused with teh blue oliver. They are two totally different companies.
    Had the dog not stopped to go to the bathroom, he would have caught the rabbit.

No it was a 12" disk and a spindle,but no belt

Jay St. Peter

That's it!

Thanks Jay

Scott-
    I have the Grizzly and it is great !!! The mitre guage is kinda cheezy but it does the job. One of the best ways I have found to use it is to set the mitre guage to 45 deg. clamp it down and use it as a guide to make picture frame mitres. I cut them real close on my SCMS, then sneak up on the fit with the disc sander.
    At first I hooked up a shop vac to the dust ports and it worked real good, now I have it hooked to my dust collector and it works super.

Dave
    Mission Furniture- My mission is to build more furniture !

I've had this sander for about three months now, and am totally satisfied. It seems to be well built, heavy duty and smooth running. I highly recommend it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Alan & Lynette Mikkelsen, Mountain View Farm Gardens & Fine Woodworking, St. Ignatius, MT. Visitors Welcome!