Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Custom Led Signs

cactus canyon pics vid 1 002.jpgCustoms 002.jpgDM Topper.jpgDRACULA.jpgSAM_1244.jpg

Here are some of my LED creations. I work within the gaming industry and these are all displays for Pinball Machines, I have my own custom bases and leds.
    Epilog Fusion 32 60W

2. Wow. You guys have done some incredible work with these signs. I'm a complete novice when it comes to building electronics, but I've got some ideas like these that I'd love to build using my epilog. My problem is I don't know anything about sourcing parts & putting things together for the light component.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dawson View Post
    we do a version of these. Bases are machined plastic. We also do Plug in and battery operated versions with switches. Nice Job!
    Jim, those bases are incredibly professional looking, are you making them in house? The light up layer of acrylic is an incredible artistic touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kace View Post
    Here are some of my LED creations. I work within the gaming industry and these are all displays for Pinball Machines, I have my own custom bases and leds.
    Loving that Demolition Man

Edit - my post was edited to remove ebay links by the mods. Totally understand, my apologies.
    Last edited by Kevin Schlossberg; 03-01-2014 at 4:00 PM. Reason: Removed eBay links

Jim what thickness of acrylic do you use for your signs?
    Trotec Speedy 360 80 watt laser
    Custom CNC router 4' x 5'
    GrapthTec FC7000-75 vinyl cutter
    Keiling KL6090S CNC router
    Ricoh SG3100DN sublimation printer

Jim, nice looking base. I like the light around the base perimeter.
    CAMaster Cobra X3 408 w/Recoil
    BobCAD V25
    Corel Draw X5

Precision Sign and Post
    Windham, NH

Those are super cool. What software do you use for those?
    CAMaster Cobra X3 408 w/Recoil
    BobCAD V25
    Corel Draw X5

Precision Sign and Post
    Windham, NH

Everything created is done in AI by our artist, then I convert everything into Corel Draw 14 to send to the laser.
    Epilog Fusion 32 60W

7. Joe, I've been staring at those signs and it looks like they are clear acrylic with colored LEDs in front of a black or dark background? Am I interpreting that correctly?

Also, sent you an email, thanks for your advice!

The leds are under the acrylic which is cast clear. The background was only for photo purposes, you can see through all my designs like in the first pic.
    Epilog Fusion 32 60W

yep… 100% in house. we use HDPE and various PVC's and acrylics

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Schlossberg View Post
    Wow. You guys have done some incredible work with these signs. I'm a complete novice when it comes to building electronics, but I've got some ideas like these that I'd love to build using my epilog. My problem is I don't know anything about sourcing parts & putting things together for the light component.

Jim, those bases are incredibly professional looking, are you making them in house? The light up layer of acrylic is an incredible artistic touch.

Edit - my post was edited to remove ebay links by the mods. Totally understand, my apologies.
    24" x 36" 100 watt laser w/ pass thru and custom 36" rotary • 60 x 120 CNC w/ 8 tool changer • 62" film laminator • 54" 6 color mild solvent printer / cutter

Newest addition to the family.... 60" x 120" flatbed UV printer. 4" max part height.

Synergy Sign & Graphics LLC
    147 Stoutt Drive NE
    Strasburg, OH 44680

we use 1/4" through 1" depending on the application. These bases were 1/2"

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Schlossberg View Post
    Wow. You guys have done some incredible work with these signs. I'm a complete novice when it comes to building electronics, but I've got some ideas like these that I'd love to build using my epilog. My problem is I don't know anything about sourcing parts & putting things together for the light component.

24" x 36" 100 watt laser w/ pass thru and custom 36" rotary • 60 x 120 CNC w/ 8 tool changer • 62" film laminator • 54" 6 color mild solvent printer / cutter

Newest addition to the family.... 60" x 120" flatbed UV printer. 4" max part height.

147 Stoutt Drive NE
    Strasburg, OH 44680

I picked up some 12 volt DC Reel LED's on eBay and some Solar Powered Xmas Lights for a outdoor type Acrylic Sign.

Very nice work....

AL
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1 Laser, 4 CarveWrights, Star 912 Rotary, CLTT, Sublimation, FC7000 Vinyl, 911 Signs, Street Signs, Tourist Products and more.
    Home of the Fire Department "Epoxy Dome Accountability Tag and Accountability Boards".

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Fennessey View Post
    Jim, nice looking base. I like the light around the base perimeter.
    Thanks… we made them for special awards for a motocross racing series. The LED's are under the ring in the base and we roughed it up a little to diffuse the light passing through it…. it was a neat study in what we were capable of.

147 Stoutt Drive NE
    Strasburg, OH 44680

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Kruyer View Post
    Here is some recent LED edge lit signs I completed.

Attachment 275701Attachment 275702Attachment 275703

Hello Rich.. thats great led,, i love it..

Sandra thanks!