Thread: Rocking Horse Finished! *Pics*

Rocking Horse Finished! *Pics*

The Rocking Horse is all done. Now the only thing is for the little ones to receive it! I have a big red bow all ready. Thanks for the help on this. RHorse3 010.jpg RHorse3 011.jpg

Blog Entries
    Giddy up.....

Very nicely done. Be sure to have the camera ready when the owners see it for the first time.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Thanks, it feels so good to be done, as you all know but I'm so excited to see the little twins faces. I get to give it to them on Thanksgiving when they come into town. Camera will be at the ready for sure.

Blog Entries
    Hopefully, they are flying in and this can be their "Carry On" for the flight home

Giddy Up! Great looking horse!
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "...Holy Cow....what a ride!"

Beautiful! How old are the twins? They're going to love it!!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

It looks fantastic Ellie! Great job. I really love that white yarn mane & tail! That puts it right over the top. I know they're going to love it. Doesn't it feel good to make something like this?
    "I've cut the dang thing three times and it's STILL too darn short"
    Name withheld to protect the guilty

Stew Hagerty

Bruce, they are one and a half years old. Can't wait.... and Stew, thanks. Two colors of yarn, but you can't really tell. Sort of a white and champagne; YES!! I am so stoked to be done and pleased with how it came out. The help on the forum can't be measured... now to see the little ones...

What fun !! It's a dandy toy, going from light to dark, top to bottom, with that beautiful contrasting seat. What kind of wood is that seat ?

Great looking rocking horse. Is this of your own design or from a set of plans? I like the use of different wood species, could be a training opprotunity!

Ben

Just came across the thread and I must say, they look really good!

Fanstastic! The details are extremely incredible. The wood/ structure looks sturdy. Every child would like to ride on it. Way to go!