Thread: So Did The Rule About Using Given Names Get Dropped?

So Did The Rule About Using Given Names Get Dropped?

As I recall from back in the beginning of SMC the rule was that members were required to use their real names and not some nickname. When did that rule get dropped? I've been seeing more and more users who are using some sort of nickname lately.

Dave,

The rule has not changed. If you see someone who you believe is not using their real name send a PM to any Moderator or myself and let us know. You can also use the Report Post triangle at the bottom of every post and include your concern.

I review most of the new registrations every day, its impossible to determine a persons real name from just the registration information but we do our best. We probably delete about 30% of all registrations every day. There were 154 new registrations in our back office this morning, half of them were bogus.

Thanks Keith. Keep up the good work.

I have recently converted several Members usernames here to their real first and last names based on their request. Anyone whose username is not in accordance with the rules here and would like their username corrected send me a Private Message and request the change. Nothing will be said and all of your posts and threads will be automatically updated.

If you are using an anonymous username or a handle the rules are very clear, you must use your real first and last names as your username here. It's an honor system for the most part but we expect everyone to comply with our Community rules.