Thread: Admit it, who would rather be woodworking this holiday season

Admit it, who would rather be woodworking this holiday season

Who among us would rather be in the shop doing some woodworking rather than performing some of the obligations of the season? Anyone dare to admit it?

I would.

I think I'll be able to squeeze it all in. See the family, give thanks, spend some time in the shop, rough-house with the dog. Four days off is awesome (I don't get vacation time other than the occasional three/four-day weekends, going on 25 years now).

I'm hoping to later and plan to spend the better part of the day there tomorrow.

everyday is the same for me. play some ...work some. even today.

Kids are grown so it's nothing but shop time for me!

I'm in the same zone. But, the holidays do feel different now that they are off doing their own thing. So no guilt about spending quality shop time!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Bienlein View Post
    Kids are grown so it's nothing but shop time for me!

Rich, it's not holiday season yet for me, however I have the last 3 weeks of December scheduled as vacation so I'll be doing a lot of wood working then.....regards, Rod.

I have to come and feed the workshop cats on Christmas Day, so I am probably going to stay a few hours.

My wife and mother both made "comments" about the few hours I spent in the barn on Thanksgiving morning. They never seem to complain about the results.
    Glen

Quote Originally Posted by Glen J. Peterson View Post
    My wife and mother both made "comments" about the few hours I spent in the barn on Thanksgiving morning. They never seem to complain about the results.
    Glen
    Amen brother !!

My wonderful wife loves her new Merc but forgets they actually cost real money that doesn't fall from the skies.

cheers

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Sheldrake; 12-01-2013 at 11:51 AM.
    You did what !