Thread: Harbor Freight vs. Northern Tool

Harbor Freight vs. Northern Tool

So what's the difference? I ask because I just saw a Northern Tool Flyer with the same dual halogen work light on the cover that I purchased a few weeks back from HF.

Blog Entries
    Are you sure it is really the same? I ask because my mom used to tell me the J.C.Penny's jeans she made me wear were just like Levi's 501's but, they weren't ;-)
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

3. I find HF to always be cheaper than Northern & TS and it is all made in china. So I go for the best price. If I want quality I go American or German or Japanese.

I looked at a ladder rack for my pickup truck at Harbor Freight. I then found the same rack, but more expensive, at Northern Tool. I know because I downloaded the owner's manuals for both and the assembly instructions were exactly the same. I must add that I believe that, in general, Northern sells a higher level quality than HF.

I find Northern Tool to be higher priced than Harbor Freight. Northern Tool isn't just a Chinese junk seller like HF is for the most part. Northern Tool sells quality name brand stuff too in most every department. Their name brand power tools are often more expensive than even Home Depot or Lowes for the most part.

I find the best deals at Northern Tool when I use the $5 off $15 coupons they routinely mail out. I also check their website and catalog because at times the store will be more expensive. The stores will match the website and catalog prices.

Definitely looks the same to me.

I also agree that Northern Tool sells stuff other than what came over on the boat.

I was mostly wondering if anyone else had run into this before.

I so wish there was a Northern Tool up here in the Northeast...no comparison between them and Harbor Freight!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...