Thread: Wow, you all cleaned Rob out!

Wow, you all cleaned Rob out!

As of 6:45 am, EST, all ( or nearly all) of the planes listed on LV's Cyber Monday Sale had been snatched up. You guys work fast! Fortunately, I really didn't "need" anything listed, so I was not that chagrined, however, that scraping plane would have been nice to have at $50 off!
    Maurice

I couldn't believe A) how much stuff they put up for sale and B) how fast it sold out this year.
    Woodworking is terrific for keeping in shape, but it's also a deadly serious killing system...

Chris, I think folks were poised to strike at midnight!
    Maurice

I believe you are correct. I would have stayed up but my wife would have been suspicious.

Still, I snagged a small BUS in PMV11 (but missed out on the large shoulder becasue Hilton is a jerk!). That's ok, my medium does everything I need, and the small BUS should be pretty sweet. I love No. 3's but they never have enough knuckle clearance, so I suspect I'll use the small BUS a lot.
    Woodworking is terrific for keeping in shape, but it's also a deadly serious killing system...

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Ungaro View Post
    As of 6:45 am, EST, all ( or nearly all) of the planes listed on LV's Cyber Monday Sale had been snatched up. You guys work fast! Fortunately, I really didn't "need" anything listed, so I was not that chagrined, however, that scraping plane would have been nice to have at $50 off!
    Might it be that Rob and his crew have pretty good quality control so there were fairly few seconds?

John

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by John Stankus View Post
    Might it be that Rob and his crew have pretty good quality control so there were fairly few seconds?

John
    Last year I got the skewed rabbet planes and I have yet to figure out what the supposed "blemish" is. They are perfect, and I think they rank #1 as my favorite and most-used tool due to their versatility, comfort, and quality.

Admittedly I was up at 1 AM (midnight ET) and bought the gent's saw. Sadly I spent a lot of money this week, and we are buying a house, so I was limited to what I could buy. I had saved up all year for this sale but it's now all going to the house. Too bad, because I would have bought the $1000 gift card in a heartbeat. It is the ONLY Cyber Monday sale I will do. For me it's as much fun anticipating it as it is getting the tools, so it's not about greed in this case, but just my little treat to myself, and the surprise factor is cool. My wife cannot keep a surprise, so this is the only real Christmas surpise I get! :-)

Gibsons British Columbia Canada ( near Vancouver )
    Living on the ' We(s)t Coast ' has its advantages.
    9:00 pm and I was logged on; bought a medium shoulder plane in PM-V11 and a few other bits for nearly two Benjamin's. Here in Canada it is Sir Borden on the $100 Bill. I was probably one of the first thru the virtual cash register.
    I had a bad year illness wise, and just getting back up to speed, so I had to pass on the gift certificates.
    I too only Cyber Monday at LV only: Rob and crew are the best!!

I had my order in a few minutes after midnight and everything was available ... though it really didn't matter since I didn't buy any planes this year (just some small stuff). A few were tempting, but nothing I really needed. You definitely have to jump early if you want a chance at the limited quantities.

I picked up a jointer last year, and I have yet to figure out what the blemish was. Looks perfect to me.