Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Typing is odd...

So, it sounds like it is a problem with IE and Vbulletin. If so, my apologies to SMC.

This had caused another issue but not as serious... When viewing pics, I can see the preview thumbnails just fine. When I click on them to see them "bigger", the don't "load". I have to hit NEXT through all the pics, then they appear. Or, when I first click on them, and it is trying to load, but won't, I can click on that pic and I will see the full size image of it...but then have to hit the back button to get back to the thread, and then have to go through all of that to see the next pic.
    I drink, therefore I am.

Mike,

Thanks for the post about the pictures not loading. Once again I thought it was just me having the exact same problem.

Yeah...but what's the solution/fix to THAT one?
    I drink, therefore I am.

The solution is to realize that IE is not the most popular browser anymore and the only way to motivate Microsoft to fix anything is to quit using it. That's how they took over the web -- and subsequently lost their dominance when other browsers did it better than they did.

First and foremost - if you update to the latest and greatest when it first comes out, you're a beta tester -- that's just the reality today.
    Jason Beam
    Sacramento, CA

beamerweb.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Beam View Post
    The solution is to realize that IE is not the most popular browser anymore and the only way to motivate Microsoft to fix anything is to quit using it. That's how they took over the web -- and subsequently lost their dominance when other browsers did it better than they did.

First and foremost - if you update to the latest and greatest when it first comes out, you're a beta tester -- that's just the reality today.
    Also, there's nothing that says you can only have one browser. I find some sites work smoother with one browser than with another. SMC is pretty much perfect with Firefox IME.

Today, I'm encountering this exact same problem (I use IE). Hate to ask, but how do you load "compatibility mode"?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Whitlow View Post
    Today, I'm encountering this exact same problem (I use IE). Hate to ask, but how do you load "compatibility mode"?
    Aw, got it from the other thread called "Lag" about this problem. Thanks.

I'm having same probs...pc dummy...need to be hand held from step #1...windows 8.1, IE, Comcast speed everywhere 'cept here. Thks in advance.

I am also frequently having the typing issue . . . although strangely this message seems just fine, so far . . . or not

I'm another tally to the typing problem on ONLY SawMill Creek! Keyboard works every where else. ONLY SMC! It'll be working fine and start slowing down and start missing characters. It's taking me 20 minutes to type this reply for whatisnormally a coupl minuts.

same here!!!!! so I even tried typing in word then paste it here.. but the words get split and ran together in odd way like Bill its only happening here.

Are you using IE-11?

If so you need to enable Compatibility View settings by clicking on the Tools (looks like a gear) in the upper right corner of your window....then select Compatibility View settings and "add" sawmillcreek.org to the box.

In most cases, IE-10 upgraded automatically to IE-11. IE-11 will work fine here after you add it to the Compatibility View settings.

I use IE-11.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    Are you using IE-11?

If so you need to enable Compatibility View settings by clicking on the Tools (looks like a gear) in the upper right corner of your window....then select Compatibility View settings and "add" sawmillcreek.org to the box.

In most cases, IE-10 upgraded automatically to IE-11. IE-11 will work fine here after you add it to the Compatibility View settings.

I use IE-11.
    Ken, Thanks for the information. Your input seems to have helped the typing issue. Earlier, I was merely confused between the "compatibility view" and the "compatibility mode" discussed on this thread. You hit the nail on the head! I use a nail gun, mostly!

Bill,

I got burned by it too, Bill.

IIRC, someone posted that Microsoft to improve security in IE-11, they added this requirement. I was perfectly happy with IE-10, had heard rumors of guys not liking IE-11 and then one day it updated automatically. I might have been online without enough coffee in me that day. Then I found the same thing you experienced.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....