Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Typing is odd...

Have any of you experienced this? ENTER (hehe) that is my little way of saying "new paragraph" Steve, I know that I have had issues with the compatibility mode thing before, and turnin it on or off solved my issue of ENTER working or not. Right now, I'm not showing that "symbol".
    I drink, therefore I am.

Dan, I'm just saying to read posts before responding. I said it was an issue with this site, and not anywhere else. This isn't the first time you've responded with an answer that showed that you clearly didn't actually read what I wrote. Sorry for jumping down your throat. Just a pet peeve.

By the way, I just added SMC to "compatibility mode" settings, and for now, it seems to have solved the issue. We'll see...
    I drink, therefore I am.

T
    a
    n
    k
    s

M
    I
    k
    e
    I

t
    h
    o
    u
    g
    ht

T
    h
    a
    t

a
    s

t
    h
    e

o
    n
    l

o
    n
    e
    h
    v
    I
    n
    g

p
    r
    o
    b
    l
    e
    s

w
    I
    t
    h

S
    M
    C

Finally error free

Mike, Thanks for posting this. I thought I was the only one having problems with SMC. I have the latest Win 8.1 Pro and IE 11 and had to spend more time correcting the typing than posting. As you can see from me previous post, everything was printing vertical instead of across the page. I just set SMC to compatibility view and no errors on this post.

I knew I wasn't the only one having issues. And like you said, it keeps you from posting, or worse, even being here. So, glad I could help...but more importantly, I'm glad I can type without constant corrections! So, thanks for whoever that was that suggested the compatibility mode thing...
    I drink, therefore I am.

I am having the same problem. Like it is not keeping up with me typing so I have to retype some letters again and again.
    Arlin

Changing to compatibility view in IE 11 solved this problem for me.

I'm having the same issue!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cruz View Post
    Steve, I might try using another browser, but I like/am comfortable with/used to IE. If IE isn't really supported here, it might just keep me away... I'm a fairly patient man, and I'm sticking with it for now. I'm sure I'm not the only one having this issue (I've seen some other comments about the same thing). Others may not be so patient... Typing right now is going quite smoothly. It seems as soon as I hit the ENTER/RETURN button, that is when things get screwy.
    Ahh, come on. really? Sticking with IE? Seriously, I ditched IE years ago. I'm a huge Firefox fan. Mozilla makes great products. Our desktop PC years ago gagged on Microsoft Outlook Express for email, so I switched to Mozilla's Thunderbird. Worked flawlessly. Never looked back.

Yup, really. And I drive a Chevy pickup. But you probably used to drive a Chevy and now swear by Ford. Wait until you have issues with your Ford, then you'll get a Dodge, then a Toyota, then a Nissan.

I like IE. I've tried Firefox and didn't really like it. Different strokes...
    I drink, therefore I am.

Compatibility mode, Sean.
    I drink, therefore I am.

I have the typing problem as well with IE11, and it is driving me crazy. At least carriage return works (didn't with IE10).

Yes, I realize compatibility mode may fix this, but that isn't really a suitable answer. The site needs to be fixed.

Actually, it seems to only work right when typing ridiculously slowly, as if it can't keep up. It acts as if this new spell check thing is what is killing it. Is there a way to turn this spell checker off? I don't really want it in the first place.

Ryan, that is exactly my point. Yes, you can do the compatibility mode thing, but in my eyes, it is a site issue, not an IE issue. SMC is under no obligation to do anything about it, but if they don't, they will drive some people away. You are obviously a Contributor, and you not being here anymore means revenue lost. But that is up to Keith whether he wants to do anything about it...
    I drink, therefore I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Baker View Post
    Yes, I realize compatibility mode may fix this, but that isn't really a suitable answer. The site needs to be fixed.
    I got an email at work that some Sharepoint functionality requires compatibility mode in IE11 to work properly. And Sharepoint is a Microsoft product!

And THIS site won't get fixed util the software vendor that sells the software it runs on fixes it. I wouldn't hold my breath...the iPad keyboard issue has been going on a lot longer.

Blog Entries
    This is a test of typing and adding a link. Things seem to work with SMC added to IE's compatibility mode list. This problem began following a MS update which I assume tweaked something that Vbulletin is not playing well with. Hold on and I'll try it with other browsers . . .

OK, I an typing this from a Chromium derivative and have no problems.

This is Firefox

This is Chrome.

Ts s IE 11 without compatibity mod. Hee is a lin. ..

Had to re-add SMC to the compatibility list to type this. I could not select text or successfully add a link to that text . . . or type consistently without SMC in the compatibility list. I do not see this as an SMC problem. No software maker can keep up with every tweak and patch that every browser author decides is "better" for our use (or theirs). There is a fix so, it is not a problem. If it required a workaround, it would be a problem IMHO.
    Last edited by glenn bradley; 12-21-2013 at 10:10 AM.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler