Thread: Latest Round of Ornaments

Latest Round of Ornaments

Hi all,

Just thought I'd share these and get feedback from the community. I hope you like em!

_1013710.jpg_1013712.jpg_1013715.jpg_1013717.jpg_1013725.jpg
    Last edited by Michael Poorman; 12-06-2013 at 7:54 AM.
    Regards,

Mike
    Wood Shop Mike

Blog Entries
    Well played! I have got to make some of these.

3. Cute little things, i want to pick them up and squeeze them. I like your unique style.

Yes, well done Michael! have you tried the sea urchin shells yet ? I got one a few years ago and the first thing I did was break it ..... haven't been back since .
    John 3:16

Thanks! I'm glad 'yall like them. I do fear that squeezing the ornaments however would kill them. Am I the only one that gets nervous as hang once these things are off the lathe? I'm always telling my wife I don't like using our fine china b/c I don't like being around fragile things. I'm not clumsy, breakables just make me nervous. Kinda silly that I made the ornaments so thin... Oh well

Paul, I was going to try some sea urchin shell in this batch. However, once I started to inspect the shells I purchased I realized they were not suitable. The underside of them are concave in an elliptical shape which would create large voids between the finial and shell.
    Regards,

Mike
    Wood Shop Mike

very nice, like the 2nd one the best